Pontiac GTO Forum banner

It's alive !

9K views 72 replies 24 participants last post by  Eric Animal 
#1 ·
Yesterday, we wired, plumbed, fueled, etc.....for a couple hrs. Then.....!:party::party::party::D I can't get the video to upload...:confused

#8 ·
Yeah, I'll say you did....No way are you going to goad an unsuspecting Chevelle into a Stoplight Slaughter with THAT thing. I can't believe how quick it revs....like a 13:1 small block. You are NEVER going to get that car to hook up. Never. CONGRATULATIONS, ERIC!!!!!!!!!
Jeff

#10 ·
Man, when you hit the throttle, boy was it crisp! Thanks for sharing Uncle "Ishouldatubbed" E........:cheers My wife said it sounded annoying. Women..:rolleyes: I guess I'm not as lucky as Judge...:lol:

#17 ·
We were real happy with the throttle response, very crisp...still needs a little tuning. Runs rich (black velvet spark plugs). Gonna try a set of 1 range warmer plugs......actually hoping to dyno it before install. THANKS EVERYONE for the kind compliments....Eric shouldatubbed Animal :cheers

#21 ·
:D Very nice sir.

Firing it up on the engine stand is the only way to go, especially with a full build like you are doing. No leaning over that shiny fender worrying about it belching/squirting fluids everywhere.

Big Thumbs up man, you're close now! :cheers

#25 ·
I can't wait to see the dyno results, either. If it's 1000hp, he'll have to tie it to a garbage scow just to keep from blasting off into space....The darn thing has the throttle response of a 2 stoke Honda CR 125 MX racer.....insane for all those cubes. A Jack-in-the-Box full of revs. I just can't get over it.

#26 ·
I was playing the video last night and the wife said WTF is that noise? I told her "That.. Is the sound of the Earth moving!!" Well, she just rolled her eyes and gave me the same look like when I try to explain the progress I've made on Da Goat the previous weekend. She just don't understand, oh well.
It revs so fast, it is like the throttle is a brake holding the revs back, touch it and WHAM!!
We have real fast cars around here that will drag the rear bumper on 10.5 rear tires. Tubbing is so 90's!! Just my $0.02

#28 ·
Eric, not to rain on your parade, but a co-worker of mine back in the early '80's had a 427 Chevelle that was pretty Bad A$$. It was a 4 speed car, and it was BLACK. He launched it hard from a dig one day and the car torque-twisted and cracked his windshield and tweaked his front sheet metal alignment. But he had a stock frame and suspension.....Bear might have a Beast, but you have a MONSTER. Be careful...........
Jeff

#35 ·
Eric, not to rain on your parade, He launched it hard from a dig one day and the car torque-twisted and cracked his windshield and tweaked his front sheet metal alignment. you have a MONSTER. Be careful...........
Jeff
With that frame, nothing is going to twist!!! If it does, that just means he's Bad Ass. HP costs, and that is the price of admission..
Sounds incredible. Reminds me of the black charger on fast and the furious.
That car was just a Hemi, Erics car is Pontiac. F&F car was a movie car, and they take liberties. OK, the F&F blower car is cool, but not Eric's GTO! I'm sure that car, even the show car wasn't anything near the level of build of Eric's car, his is SICK and perfect. :cheers

#30 ·
Sounds incredible. Reminds me of the black charger on fast and the furious. Is your car black? if not it should be, lol. With a hole in the hood for the blower/hoodless, lol.

I just want a mild/new engine! Lucky.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.