Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Fun Day at the Dyno

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  FNG69 
#1 ·
Took the 04 GTO to the dyno on Friday. Just did some base pulls to see where I am at currently. She made 332 rwhp. I am going to remove cats (just for testing purposes and track of course) change spark plugs to TR6 NGK and head back and have the caar dyno tuned. The internet tune i got in all actuality may have been a waste. It is running a bit rich. I know , I know an internet tune could never be as good as a real time dyno tune. I will post back results later to show what differences it made.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Will be interested in seeing for the TR6 NGK plugs do for you. Have a 04 also. Engine is stock with JBA shortys, SLP 05 exhaust & X pipe, K&N air filter. DYNO was 338.0 HP.
FNG69, did you have it dyno tuned? and are you running cats? The tuner guy told me with a slightly colder plug than the factory plug he could put a lil more timing into the tune. Not expecting to see any gain simply from the spark plug change. Man that would be awesome if it were that simple!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.