Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1969 Radio Bracket Attachment to Dash

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ajluzi1957 
#1 ·
Tried this over in "Interiors" but got no reply, so will try here

Good Morning All,
New to the forum and appreciate all the great information here. I'm working on a 1969 Custom S and am replacing the dashboard and installing an original am radio. The car did not have the mounting bracket for this radio so I purchased it. It attaches to the dash base, the radio, and the heater/AC controls. I have not been able to find out in the literature that I've seen how it attaches to the base of the dash. Is it a self tapping screw? or bolt and nut? The hole in the bracket seems to be large for a self tapping screw.
I have the correct mounting hardware for the radio and the A/C control

Any help would be appreciated as to the correct mounting screw!

Armand

#3 ·
Thanks for the response, yes, I have the service manual, the assembly manual, and the parts guide, and there is nothing showing method of attachment to the dash. This bracket apparently was only used in 1969. I was just hoping someone could just take a quick look at theirs and tell me the correct way. I can obviously make it work, but I would like it to be correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.