1973 GTO parts availabilty. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1973 GTO parts availabilty.

Need some information before I get in over my head. I have found a 1973 GTO, 4 speed,factory AC. Frame,floors, rockers,body mounts and trunk are in very nice shape however it sat in a building with a leak or two in the roof. Panel between rear window and trunk may need replaced. Will need right front fender,repair to right side of cowl under windshield, windshield and repair to lower lip sections on rear quarters. Right edge of hood is rusted but may be repairable. Dash, console,door panels and seats (with exception of lower drivers seat) are near perfect, Are any of these panels / patches or windshield available for this car? Rust free hoods out there? Thanks in advance for any help you guys / gals can give me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 01:46 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Hemmings Motor News, Franks Pontiac Parts, etc. No repro parts for these cars. '73 is an unloved year, but is one of the best riding/driving GTO's ever made. Neat car with a 4 speed, and should be saved. PICS?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Agreed, 73 is a great road car but they are very hard to find parts for. I would consider looking for a parts car to help your restoration along.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Franks also has a links page with other parts suppliers.
The hardest part to find for my '67 was the water pump pulley, I had to go old skool and get on the phone and Percy hooked me up with a pulley guy that had one.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ames Performance has some parts available for 73's, but not a lot. Good thing is you don't see many 73's on the road, you will be in rare air. They list a package tray in their catalog, the piece that got water damaged.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Nice original parts are out there for the '73-74 LeMans and '73 GTO, just have to know where to look, and who to ask. The A-body site is a good place to poke around. The GTOAA also has several rabid '73 owner/restorers. Many '73 GTO owners have owned multiple cars and relatively clean parts cars. Some have even been pulling really nice parts and properly stashing them since their cars were 10 years old. CanAm guys are similar bunch, I've known half a dozen that had one or two really nice local showcar CanAms, then had 3 or 4 orphan CanAm projects in the back yard, side of the house, etc.

Counting on the aftermarket to eventually come through on really tough to find '73 Pontiac A body parts isn't that wise, not a huge demand. Hardest parts to find for a '73 GTO tend to be the black bumper strips, NOS or perfect used headlamp bezels, NOS or perfect parking lamp lenses. Much of the rest can be sourced as nice used. Best to you if you pick up the '73, feel free and post back with progress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.