Pontiac GTO Forum banner

9/11 - Thanks, Eric.

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Icefan71 
#1 ·
Today we're all probably remembering.

I know you were there and you're still paying the price.

I just wanted to say thank you, sir.

Bear

#3 ·
it still hits hard 11 years later being a resident of new york state. the local news station has been showing the portraits of all the local lives lost in my area. its tough to watch. it gives me mixed feelings of anger and sorrow. rickm.
I agree with both of you. I'd like to thank you too Eric, and all our Police, Firefighters and Military for serving and protecting the citizens of this country. My hats off to all of you. Thank you. :cheers

Sept 11 happens to be my Wife and I's wedding aniversary (19 years) and like most, I remember where we were that day and everything that happened, and I never will forget. My daughter was only 6 months old at the time and I remember feeling the scared for her and her future. I don't want to turn this political but I'm sad to see where this country is 11 years after.

#6 ·
Interesting. We were supposed to be married on Sept.11 (19yrs ago too). But, another couple beat us to that date. We were married on the 18th instead. I must say, I'm glad it was moved.

9/11 will never be forgotten, nor should it. It was a day when some thugs took out a bunch of innocent people. I pray we never have to go thru that again. We need to continue to pray for all the family's who lost loved ones that day and for the people who survived and struggle with physical and emotional issues......

#4 ·
X4. Not an easy job and not always a great outcome . A tough job that oftentimes goes unrecognized, unrewarded, and unappreciated. But people of great courage and integrity are doing it anyway, day in and day out, making the world a better place at their own sacrifice.

#5 ·
Yes, thank you Eric. I didn't know you were there. I'll never forget how hectic it was that day. I was living Hicksville, NY. Not far from NYC. We sat glued to the TV feeling scared and helpless. From work I could see and smell the smoke. I can't imagine what it must have been like for those at Ground Zero. Thank You.

#11 ·
Gentlemen, Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes my the Attack on NYC, Pa., and the Pentagon, the USA in general is indeed the cause of my illness. I don't know the proper words to thank you guys for your posts here. Having you alive and as friends is good enough for me. It is my sincere bfeeling, and belief , that this type of thing MUST be prevented from happening again...and done so at a PRIORITY ONE level....a diffucult thing to dowhen you cansider the vast amount of commerce, tourism, immigration, internet activity, etc...that occurrs here on a daily basis. To quote a famous older American..." This is OUR COUNTRY"....If you are here to live a good life, work, prosper, worship as you like, and put into the big PICTURE, fine...thats's why this Country was built....If you do not like our "Idealology"...feel free to stay where ever it is you currently call home. I would respond to a similar situation again tomorrow, if asked too.....and I know lots, LOTS of others who would also..... It is a pleasure, and honor to have you guys/gals as friends. Eric Aull

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.