Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Anyone heard from Eric

5K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Eric Animal 
#1 ·
I am concerned for Eric and the other East Coasters caught in that storm. The vids on TV of Staten/Long Island and surrounding areas aren't good. I sent him an email Tuesday but haven't gotten a reply.

#2 · (Edited)
Hey Mitch..... More than likely he probably lost power and could be w/o power for quite a while. Let's assume he's fine for now... He probably has a few things on his plate. One of them is not the forum and may have no access to e-mail, land line and cell phone service could be spotty ......

#4 ·
Shoot it to me, Randy. I'll try tomorrow. His home was nearly swamped by Irene last year and this surge was much higher.
Thanks..

#8 ·
Thanks for checking in. Glad people survived. Wish there was a way to help but it's a long way from MN. I tried calling Eric a number of times but I don't think it ever went thru. All the phones must be overloaded as well. If you talk to the others, Eric, Bobby, etc, tell them hi !!

#10 ·
Ha guys I'd try to message Eric a few days ago but o answer prob course no power. I live on Long Island too but I live more inland about 15miles from him so i didn't get as much damage just a few trees and only lost power for a few days. Eric lives more by the water. I have his munger so I'm going to try and call him tomorrow to see how things are. Hopefully it isn't too bad. People in towns by the bay are still without power almost two weeks later. As soon as I get info ill let let you guys know, hopefully a tree didn't take out his garage

#11 ·
Friends, Thank you for checkin' in on me. We got some surge damage....30" of Salt water...garage boiler room, family room, kitchen......very messy. As for the GTO...I put it in a friends garage, high&dry.....I got a lot of work to do, but it'll be OK.......Didn't have electric until Saturday, so no internet, phone, refrig, etc...Thank you Gents, Eric :willy:

#15 ·
Any luck getting some resolution ?? Hopefully you have restored heat. It's been cold and gonna get colder next week.

#17 ·
None too soon on the furnace install. We are going into the refrigerator Friday and it should be on your door soon after. Hope they get it going early.

Looks like Sandy washed those brackets into your yard...:lol:

I bought another car lately...

#20 ·
Dang, what are you doing to stay warm and keep the pipes from freezing ?? We've been down in the single digits for overnight lows the past 3 days...:(

I brought the '52 back from CO last December. Pagosa Springs to be exact. I had to traverse Wolf Creek pass with hard packed snow on it. The commercial vehicles were required to use chains because of the conditions...:eek: The '52 has a flat bed on it that the Camaro and the '38 fit on. With the trailer hitched up, I can drive from the trailer onto the truck and then load another car on the trailer. It needs a little more power before I attempt to drive it like that to a local show, but that's the plan...:cool

Jeff, you're close. It's a '38. The '37-38's are very similar. Grille and hood sides are the only difference and with the mono paint on the grille and no hood sides, it's hard to distinguish. SBC 355 TH350 power train. Heidts front end with r&p and disc brakes.

#24 ·
Good thing your weather has been mostly mild. We got 1/2" of snow on Thanksgiving and it only completely melted a few days ago when we got to 53°. Tomorrow is forecast for 43 and then the bottom drops out again. Highs in the low 30's and teens to low 20's overnight with snow possible Friday thru Sunday...:(

#26 ·
Finally got fully functional heat and hot water on Tuesday!!!!! It has been 45-50 degrees here daytime....30-35 at night....slightly above normal for the season. Now I just need a new kitchen, and a bunch of tools replaced.....I hope to start those projects after Christmas/New Year....Eric

#27 ·
Good to hear, Eric. It's nice to be warm...:D
Winter arrived here with a vengeance last Sunday.....14" of snow...:eek: Been fairly mild this week but another storm is brewing out west threatening another 6-12" of snow and then temps below zero by Christmas.

#29 ·
Eric, I had a bunch of my tools flooded from a hurricane and they made it with a little work, but that was bay water and brackish, not full salt water. Hope you can salvage some, and sorry for all your losses. It sucks down here when we lose power when it's hot, but cold is a diferent story. Sounds horrible, hope the recovery is coming along..

#31 ·
Thankfully the storm yesterday skirted south of us and we only got an inch. The wind and single digit temps are the issue now. Crank that furnace up, Eric, it's headed your way...:(

We are heading to Madison WI tomorrow for Chrismas and they got almost 20" of snow out of the storm. Guess we will get to drive on snow packed roads after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.