Bruce Fulper & RRE? - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Bruce Fulper & RRE?

I'm doing some window shopping for rebuilding my 400 and in my surfing, I'm finding an awful lot of bad press about Bruce Fulper. I'm talkin serious mud slinging. Some of which is coming from the editor of High Performance Pontiac (which I find quite tacky for someone in that position to say he doesn't want a "pissing contest" and then proceed to call the man out). But that's all smoke and mirrors as far as I'm concerned.

Truth is, I've read a lot of the tech articles and such that have come from Mr. Fulper and have found much of it to be helpful. I have been considering for some time whether or not to eventually have one of his "king street" pump gas engines in my goat.

As I have never personally done business with the man, I was wondering if any of you might have made transactions with him and would care to elaborate on the quality of product received and/or the experience in general. (please keep it tasteful, people) Thanks in advance to all who participate in this post.
Backup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
64-67 Expert

My Photos: (2)
I have talked to Bruce by email and he was always a pro and very informative. He took the time to talk to me in depth about techinical information that I too found valuable. A friend of mine got a set of custom dished pistons from RRE for a 389 build, and I installed them in the short block. Excellent product. The end result of the rebuild was a screaming 389 that runs on pump gas and now has about 7000 trouble free miles on it. So, my experience with Bruce has been positive. That said, anybody going on his website will be instantly aware that Bruce has a healthy ego and wants the world to know about it. IMO, so what. I never met the man, but my dealings with him have been positive. I too have heard many bad things, though.
Jeff
geeteeohguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

I my self have never had any dealings with Bruce Fulper. I have read a lot of bad things about the engines and heads people have bought from him in the past 3 years. His shop is in SoCal, and you live in PA. If it were me I would probably look in your area for a engine builder. There's Nunzi, Jim Taylor, Kauffman, three of the greatest Pontiac builders on the planet. I have never read anything bad about these three builders and have delt with all three.
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

+1 Dimitri, machine work i would not job out across country, plus in today's economy i like to keep my dollars local as much as i can, and can only hope others do the same being a small business owner.
Instg8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Why aren't you looking at BUTLER PERFORMANCE!! A lot closer to you and the nicest guys in the world besides being OUTSTANDING engine builders, just asking??
FNG69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dmitiri and FNG make some good points. Feel free to PM me for my take.
DarthBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have looked at Butler, Kauffman and even Nitemare. I'm not dead set on any of them. I know KRE and Butler Perf build top notch engines, I'm just exploring all my options and wondered if anyone on here has personally dealt with RRE.
Backup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I too have never dealt with RRE. Just heard neg stories that after the deal is made he wants nothing to do with you if you experience a problem. Also a rumor that I heard is that Tom Demauro of High Performance had a dispute with Fulper over an unpaid advertising bill. Is that why you never see RRE's ad in HPP anymore?? What I do know for a fact is that Nunzi is retired and closed his shop. I live in Brooklyn NY and have had the pleasure of being a customer. His cam is in my 400.He is still active on the Pontiac scene and can be seen at many events racing some of his vast collection.
400fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Backup I'm currently dealing with him now. I won't discuss it in the open forum but you can PM me if you like and I'll give you my take.
DarthBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hey Darth Bubba I would be curious to hear your take as well. Post it in the forum so we can all learn from someone who is doing buiseness with him.
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion