Favorite car MOVIE/Scene-Pontiac or Other - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
My Photos: (54)
Favorite car MOVIE/Scene-Pontiac or Other

I was looking at the huge collection of car related movies I have collected. I like all cars, not just Pontiacs, but do favor the Pontiacs and have had a number of them. I thought it might be interesting to see what some of us view/like in "car" movies. Some you may have, some you may have forgotten, and some you may have never seen. So here goes.

Two Lane Blacktop - 1970 GTO Judge(less the stripes) and 1955 Chevy race cross country for pink slips. The '55 Chevy was later used again in American Graffitti. James Taylor (singer) and Dennis Wilson (Beach Boys fame) pilot the '55 and Warren Oates the '70 GTO.

The Seven-Ups - Great chase seen in New York between cop Roy Scheider (of Jaws fame) with his 1972 Ventura against the bad guys in their Pontiac Catalina. Pretty intense.

McQ - This is with John Wayne as a detective and he drives a green 1973 Trans-Am which I recall he named "the Green Hornet". I just ordered this DVD as I have not seen it in a while, so this is just my remembrances.

The Car- The evil Pontiac Grand Prix (1973?) that is possessed and terrorizes a small town. Nothing can stop it.

Bullit - Steve McQueen. Mustang versus Charger chase scene. Need I say anymore. Who has not seen this one? Classic.

Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry - Peter Fonda, mechanic, and girlfriend rob a Grocery Store. Begins with a souped up 1966 Impala 4Dr Ht and later a 1968 Charger RT 440. Police Plymouth Fury's give chase. In comes the Fury "Interceptor". This was a factory police chase car. Blueprinted & balanced 440 six-pack engine minus the carb set-up. Suspension upgrades and extra steel for rollover protection. See how well this heavy weight car stays on the bumper of the 440 Charger. Great chase movie.

Eat My Dust - Ron Howard (Opie from the Andy Griffith Show) steals a race track prepped 1969 Camaro, goes on a joy ride, and eludes getting caught. A few corny spots, but its still a great car movie.

More titles to come, but lets see what the rest of you have as favorites!! Any year, any type car.
PontiacJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Garage
Not Pontiac, but, a lot of cool scenes in Mad Max, and Road Warrior....
"Top speed..unlimited!"___Cop in Fury DM & CL
Eric Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
"The Punisher" - 68' GTO murdered out flat black

"Gone in 60 Seconds" - Every car on the board

"Transformers 2" - The bumblebee is actually a camaro body grafted onto a GTO chassis as the new camaro prototypes did not have all the bugs worked out.

"Christine" - wish all resto's were that easy, but then whats left of my soul would have a lien on it
Instg8ter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Garage
Eric Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vanishing Point - Have not seen the remake, have the original. A "B" movie over all, but its all about the Challenger R/T.

The California Kid - Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen's father, drives the souped up 1934 Ford Coupe while cop Vic Morrow (also was the sheriff in Dirty Mary) drives a built up 1958 Plymouth with push-bar front bumper.

Duel - Dennis Weaver never quite knows what he did to have the old Peterbuilt/tanker truck attempt to kill him. Weaver drives a 1967 Plymouth Valiant 4Dr (I had one of these myself for a few months) and it becomes driver against driver.

Hot Rod- This was also called The Rootbeer King & Rebel of the Road. I love a 1941 Willys coupe gasser. This was a made for TV movie. Gregg Henry builds a 1964 Plymouth with Hemi/4 sp for drag action. It gets totaled and he finds a '41 Willy's body for the driveline. His opponent runs a Old Cutlass, but there are other cars as well.

Hot Rods to Hell - 1966 movie that has a family terrorized by a group of local rich kids. There is a hot rod '62ish Corvette, a woody, a T-bucket, and '55 Chevy as I recall. Haven't viewed it in a while.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instg8ter View Post
"The Punisher" - 68' GTO murdered out flat black

"Gone in 60 Seconds" - Every car on the board

"Transformers 2" - The bumblebee is actually a camaro body grafted onto a GTO chassis as the new camaro prototypes did not have all the bugs worked out.

"Christine" - wish all resto's were that easy, but then whats left of my soul would have a lien on it
-Did not know of The Punisher. I'll look into it.
-Gone in 60 Seconds was originally made in 1973 and as I recall, "Eleanor" was a Mach I. It seemed to have a lot more crashes in it. I certainly liked the remake as well.
-Christine is a favorite. 1958 Plymouth Fury with 2x4's. The big car performance years of the 1950's.
-Liked the Transformers Camaro. Did not know of the GTO chassis.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Animal View Post
Not Pontiac, but, a lot of cool scenes in Mad Max, and Road Warrior....
"Top speed..unlimited!"___Cop in Fury DM & CL
-Mad Max, awesome car. My brother in Connecticut frequents a local cruise-in car show and there is a guy that owns one of those Australian Fords that is made to look like the Mad Max car. My brother says it always draws a crowd.
-DM & CL, that has got to be one of the best lines in that movie that sticks in your head. Maybe because we all can connect to that same sense of "top end" in our own cars. Of course, "top end" is usually determined by the "blue light special" which mysteriously appears out of nowhere!! HaHa
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage
smokey and the Bandit............ black T/A

Dazed & Confused............ orbit orange 70 Judge!
poncho power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Cannonball - David Carradine drove a 73 Trans Am
Walking Dead - 1st episode they killed a 71 GTO Judge.
Icefan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho power View Post
smokey and the Bandit............ black T/A

Dazed & Confused............ orbit orange 70 Judge!
^ +1 on Dazed and Confused.
The Chevelle had more of a lead role, but I love the cruising scenes with the two cars. I like to pop in my Aerosmith Sweet Emotion 8-track and reminisce.
porkandbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion