Favorite car MOVIE/Scene-Pontiac or Other - Page 4 - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #31 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
I love my 67 lemans but another one of my favorite cars that I would love to have to be the Dodge m4s turbo interceptor from the movie the wraith. If they ever made a kit for this car I would be the first in line to buy one, with a Pontiac 400 waiting in my garge to go in it of course
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite car MOVIE/Scene-Pontiac or Other-image.jpg  
bobby326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #32 (permalink)

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
My Photos: (54)
Thanks again geeteeohguy -

"Sex Drive'' was the name of that one. "I attend the Bakersfield March Meets every year, which is a vintage only event, and get to see all the front engined stuff go down the track"

I want to get to one of those nostalgia meets. The Winter 2013 issue of Rod & Kulture mag has a story on the California Hot Rod Reunion held at Famosa Raceway. Its on my bucket list. I did the Richard Petty driving experience at the Charlotte Speedway a couple years back. It was 8 laps in a Nascar racer. You follow a lead car - which was a bit confusing as you open it up and slow down based on his signal light at his rear. I got a little over 130 MPH on my last lap because I just drove the car how I felt I should drive. I got the video, I kept eating up the lead car and would have to back out of it, so they do try to keep your speed down a bit. My youngest brother, his second driving experience, hit 140 MPH. It was on my bucket list. Awesome.(Fastest I have gone is 140 MPH on the highway - in my younger years). Would be cool if an old time gasser was offered as this kind of experience! I like to try different experiences riding trains,trolley cars,planes,auto's, and roller coasters. Youngest brother owns a railroad and he let me operate his older 1949 Diesel engine down the track for a short run. Neat! Check that off my bucket list! My other younger brother restored a 1943 WWII armored Scout Car - complete with .50 cal & .30 cal machine guns(repro dummies). We bombed around in it down in Florida. An added extra to my list, but check that off my list as well!! HaHaHa
PontiacJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
64-67 Expert

My Photos: (2)
Jim, it sounds like your whole family is pretty much dialed in. The Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield is in October each year, and I go to that, too. It's pretty much the same thing as the March Meet, but I like the March Meet better: more cars. The neat thing is, you can go into the pits on a general pass, and talk to the guys who are tearing down their engines, rebuilding their cars, etc. Also, a pretty good swap meet with all sorts of vintage speed equipment you rarely see anywhere else. The event has gotten so big, it's 4 days long now....I generally go on Friday to avoid the crowds, and to see pretty much all the cars qualify. These guys really go all out....there must have been 20 blown engines last year as the cars went through the finish line.
geeteeohguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #34 (permalink)

How about "i Dream of Genie" which must have been Pontiac sponsored as Larry Hagman had every bad ass new Poncho built from Bonnie's and cat's to Firebirds and GTO's.
Instg8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

Dazed & Confused............ orbit orange 70 Judge![/QUOTE]

^
I will have to say that this was my car favorite movie since I own a 70 Orbit Orange Judge and a 70 Chevelle LS6.
advag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #36 (permalink)

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
My Photos: (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
Jim, it sounds like your whole family is pretty much dialed in. The Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield is in October each year, and I go to that, too. It's pretty much the same thing as the March Meet, but I like the March Meet better: more cars. The neat thing is, you can go into the pits on a general pass, and talk to the guys who are tearing down their engines, rebuilding their cars, etc. Also, a pretty good swap meet with all sorts of vintage speed equipment you rarely see anywhere else. The event has gotten so big, it's 4 days long now....I generally go on Friday to avoid the crowds, and to see pretty much all the cars qualify. These guys really go all out....there must have been 20 blown engines last year as the cars went through the finish line.
My younger brother of 2 years had the '68 Bonneville, a '67 Tempest, a mint 1973 AMX 401/auto and 3.88 gears, then the '67 GTO. He joined the Navy and held onto the GTO a few years after getting out. He always liked the AMX, and sold the GTO to buy a Big Bad Orange '69 with 390/4sp. He rebuilt the engine and it went real well. He kept if for years and then traded it for a 1973 Javelin/AMX hood 401/auto. Then he got into military vehicles, a 1942 Ford Jeep, 1943 armored Scout Car, and 1940 W-21 Dodge 1/2 ton. Still has the Javelin. Youngest brother, 10 years difference, was given Dad's 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus which he bought new, 318CI/slapstick auto. My brother is a Mopar guy and had to have a Six-Pack under the hood of the Plymouth, and it is basically a Road Runner clone. So, I bought a donor car having a 360CI and used the engine,trans,posi rear, and sway bars to put on the Satellite. Built up the 360CI to handle the Six-Pack (340CI item), 2500 stall converter, beefed up 904 trans, and rebuilt the 3.55 posi. The car will smoke tires through first and well into second and by that time your well over the posted speed limit! He takes it to local car shows. I'll get a few pics up under "members other rides".
PontiacJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instg8ter View Post
How about "i Dream of Genie" which must have been Pontiac sponsored as Larry Hagman had every bad ass new Poncho built from Bonnie's and cat's to Firebirds and GTO's.
It was. One of the most memorable were the George Barris modified '69 Firebird that sported a hood that was very much like the factory T/A hood and rear wing, but they were little different. Barris also built a custom '68 Firebird as a giveaway car for SuperTeen Magazine (also pictured below). The giveaway Firebird was actually made into model by AMT. One of the GM designers for the Firebird project, Gene Winfield - also worked for AMT. Winfield and Harry Bradley had submitted prototype sketches to GM for the upcoming '69 T/A, and the story goes that the sketches, that were submitted in 1967, were shown to Barris for '68 SuperTeen Firebird.

I Dream of Jeannie '69 Firebird

Original T/A sketches by Winfield and Bradley.

1968 SuperTeen Firebird built by Barris.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
64-67 Expert

My Photos: (2)
The I Dream of Jeannie Firebird in the top photo was recently sold and posted on the other forum. It was tired, but rust free and all there. So, it's still around!
geeteeohguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
The I Dream of Jeannie Firebird in the top photo was recently sold and posted on the other forum. It was tired, but rust free and all there. So, it's still around!
Yes, I saw it on ebay a while back as well. I also saw the SuperTeen Firebird on the Hot Rod Power Tour in Mongomery in 2011, so it is still around, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite car MOVIE/Scene-Pontiac or Other-superteen-firebird.jpg  
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion