Is this a good idea? - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Is this a good idea?

I haven't found a local deal in a while, so I decided to look outside my local state. I found 2 vehicle in Texas for a decent amount. I called Jesse James Austin Speed Shop and they said that they would inspect the car for me for $90 an hr.It will take about 2 to 3 hours. The other car is in Dallas; which is where Gas Monkey Garage is at. I was thinking maybe I could pay either Austin Speed shop or Gas Monkey to inspect it and ship it for me. I know the will inspect the vehicle for me, but I don't know if they will ship them for me. Do you all think this will work?
psilentchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Where exactly are you located PS, a lot of us watch the various boards for cars and would be happy to direct you towards some decent looking cars in or around your area. Also members have been known to view cars for other members in their area. As far as shipping check online there are boards you can post on and you will get bids (just like shipping wars) and can pick a carrier and the best bid. I had the Tempest shipped from Idaho to Michigan by open car carrier and i believe it ran around 900.00. We also have a craigslist/e-bay cars for sale thread that we list interesting sales on.
Instg8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

I live in Memphis Tennesse. How did you pay the person? Since I thought I was going to be able to get the one in Orlando through my buddy I ended up spending some of my car money on a family vacation. My budget is $5 to $5500 and that's including shipping. I'm looking for a 67 to 71 Lemans that's running. Stuff like this has been popping up on Memphis craigslist. They are asking to much.
http://memphis.craigslist.org/bar/3614517682.html

Last edited by psilentchild; 02-25-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (10)
Garage
You know that Tenn/kentucky cars are some of the most solid in America, and not burnt up like the AZ/Texas cars. We should be coming to you to get cars. Expand your search in you immediate area, be patient, and you should get a good car reasonable. Or go Chevelle, they are 1/4 the money to restore compared to a GTO. The car in your link is a smoking good deal as long as the body is solid, new motor.. If you buy a car with no paint job or bad paint job, it's the same thing, you are going to repaint it anyway, better to see what's up then what is burried under bondo.
jetstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have been looking in those places. I did find a 72 in Sheblyville Tn for $7450, however in order for me to get it they would have to drop the price to $4500 so I could use the rest for gas.
1972 PONTIAC LEMANS 2 DOOR HARD TOP MIGHT TRADE ???
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

you pay them when they drop your car and you inspect it, think had to put 100 deposit. The Gold one in Kentucky is an honest car, if you don't mind the straight 6. They are out there need to be preparred with money in hand if a true deal comes up, and contact ASAP. Search Tempest and similar sights have search updates e-mailed if you set it up so you see new listings as soon as they get posted. Wait, save and watch deals are out there the market is low.

1966 Pontiac LeMans for sale | Hemmings Motor News

1969 Pontiac LeMans for sale | Hemmings Motor News

1968 Pontiac LeMans 2 Door Hardtop for sale | Hemmings Motor News

Pontiac : Le Mans Sport 350 in Pontiac | eBay Motors

Pontiac : Tempest Lemans/Gto in Pontiac | eBay Motors

Pontiac : Tempest 2 Door in Pontiac | eBay Motors

Last edited by Instg8ter; 02-25-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

What shipping company was that? If you don't like what you see then what happens? I have been watching the one in Kentucky. Was there a picture with the second link? Nothing is coming up on mu computer.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

you need to have the seller or someone take pics of the entire car in case theres damage during shipping but a car in your price range is gonna have scratches and dings anyways so it would be hard to prove anything other than gross negligence. You must pay the seller first for him to release it to carrier, if you don't pay carrier he will just keep the car until you do or drop it from the top bunk of his truck...
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Did you know the person seller the vehicle? What made you trust giving the guy your money to release it to the carrier? The shipping company I called told me it could be up to 7 days before the can pick up the vehicle; whihech means the seller would have my money for a week before the car could be picked and a lot could happen in a week.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My Photos: (12)
Garage
Whereabouts in Texas? I'm in Texas, in the Dallas area.

Bear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion