gtos at barratt-jackson scottsdale.... - Page 2 - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
There are 18 gto's being auctioned at the January 2013 show. Let's see how many get tv time.
teamwoody72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I watch all the Mecums on the Velocity channel. (Love that channel and so does my wife!). Usually only the first day or two of Mecum is interesting to me. I am more into American muscle that I can drive than 100k trailer queens which is the last day's menu. Mecum gets you coming and going. Pay a fee for the privilege of being there, a sellers fee, AND 6 percent buyers premium. I also have a 'm Pontiac Safari and have NEVER seen one of those on there. A few Nomads but no Safaris. Nice poster Bear. Might make a road trip if I can enlarge it big enuf to see the details.
skurfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
car show

Saw an original tri-powered '61 Catalina on Barrett-Jackson last night. They said it was the predecessor of the muscle car. Pretty sweet.
gjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearGFR View Post
Could be either way (no air time or missing them). I watched it for a little while last night and didn't see any Pontiacs either. Many times around here when I take mine to the smaller shows, I'm the only Pontiac there. I've had people come up to me and ask me what it is because they don't know, and they've never heard of the GTO. The only thing worse is having people ask me "what year Chevelle is that?" or "does it have a big-block?". Gets depressing sometimes...Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilkm68 View Post
I went to a show at the JC Whitney warehouse last year 300+ cars 1 other GTO. Its what I like about it, something different, people like to look and talk to you about it.
You mean the late model cars aren't the only GTOs that people have no idea what they are? That's refreshing. It's amusing how many people say they're not "real" GTOs, but similarites seem to abound.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (17)
its in the blood. PROUD TO BE a pontiac guy... ( happy new year )
rickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Bear I feel sorry for you, lol. Everytime people see my car they ask if its a GTO... Lol...

BUT since my cars purple a lot of people have asked me if it was a challenger, gtx, charger etc... Doh. Sometimes chevelle. Usaully GTO though which is crazy. Your car IS a GTO, with badges everywhere, lol.

As far as BJ goes, I love the majority of cars that cross the block. I know you see a lot of camaro's, mustangs, chevelle's and mopars but I like seeing them. If I were rich I'd have 1 of each, lol.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm with Hot Rod, I like 'em all, just have a favorite brand- Pontiac. Have a great appreciation for the frame-off restored muscle cars, but really have a liking for original survivor cars.
69ra3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

I watched a little Barrett-Jackson today. A 70 GTO RAIII convertible went for $200k. I didn't get to here how it was optioned. I think it had a pretty thorough resto with all the correct stickers and paint markings. I like to watch till I get tired of seeing one LS crate motor after another in just about every type of vehicle.
Icefan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

My Photos: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68greengoat View Post
I didn't watch any of it. I believe it was a rerun. I think the problem is 2 fold. Not getting much air time and not many GTOs to begin with. Many times they go to a commercial and I hear in the background that a GTO is on the block. For whatever reason, they don't seem to get any respect. Which is sad since the GTO was basically the first muscle car. I too get tired of all the Mustangs and Camaros. How many times have you seen a Firebird? Apparently, there isn't a big following of Pontiacs.

You can go to Barrett's website and search for all the GTOs.

Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions and Events

Nice poster, Bear!

, Pontiacs, including GTOs, are treated like Rodney Dangerfield used to be treated. That is, they don't get any RESPECT at these auctions. I am so sick of the overabundance of Corvettes and Chevelles. By the way, Mopars don't get much respect either. The auction you watched was a rerun. Cheers.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think the BJ auction you wr were watching was a rerun of last year's event. Like many of you have stated, how many Camaros and Mustangs do we have to see? I have had may muscle cars through the years and I must say that I enjoy taking the GTO to a local show. Before I purhased my '66 tri power hardtop I had spent a ot of time looking for a good '66 Chevelle SS 396. Saw an ad for the GTO and bought it instead. Glad I did. Lots of Chevelles around. Very few GTOs. My car consistently draws more attention than the Chevys.
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion