Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Have a Pont. 350 and auto trani

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  1968gto421 
#1 ·
I guess my question is should I keep it or sell it off. I see people tend to go for the 400 but not so much the 350. its a 68 any idea what they are worth running

#2 ·
Keep it. Many part can be used on the 400. Plus, the '68 350 heads are good flowing and can be upgraded with larger valves, screw-in rocker studs, etc.. From flow numbers made of various Pontiac heads: Biggest surprise Intake port: No.17 (1968) 350 head.

The 350 is still a good engine to work with, just have to build it differently. It won't have the power or torque you can get from a 400 or 455 in stock form, but it can be turned into a screamer none the same. Just may cost a bit more http://butlerperformance.com/c-1234...es-stroker-kits-350-blocks-383-413-cu-in.html

#8 ·
Speaking of books, it would be good for you to have the factory shop manual for your car; most originals are hard to find and expensive, however there are many excellent reprints out there. Someone here on the forum may have one for you or you can try Ames. They are the best for restoration and other parts for your LeMans. Here is their site:
Ames Performance Engineering, Classic GTO Parts, Firebird Parts, and Full Size Pontiac restoration parts.

Also one the the best engine rebuild books out there is Rocky Rotella's book. Tons of good info and color pics. He walks you through machine shop stuff and rebuilding.
How to Rebuild Pontiac V-8s by Rocky Rotella, Paperback | Barnes & Noble

Also Paul Zazarine is well known in the GTO?LeMans community for his excellent restoration guides with over 500 pages of geat pics and info.
Pontiac GTO Restoration Guide, 1964-1972 by Paul Zazarine, Paperback | Barnes & Noble

Hope this is helpful.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.