Water on driver side floor board. - Page 2 - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Thanks for the information. I used a shop vac to clean out the area. I entered through the drivers side vent area first and then removed the "chicken wire" and ran the vacuum from the windshield back to the bottom of the cowl drainage. Will work on it again Saturday.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
joesweeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Could be solved.
I had the windshield replaced and resealed for $258.00 by the Glass Doctor. There was a couple damaged areas on the previous gasket. It was raining when I left work and had no water on the floor boards. I will run it through a car wash this weekend to verify.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

My Photos: (10)
Garage
Glad you may have got it! Mine ended up being rotted out under the front lower windshield mount, and I ripped the entire car apart for it. Congrats, you may have got off easy. BTW, my buddy owns that glass doctor, there, Niceville and Crestview, no, I couldn't get you a discount, lol..
jetstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Still leaking. I had very light surface rust and 2 small rust holes about half the size of a plastic tack. I brushed the loose rust off and only had the two small holes. The holes are below the windshield under the chrome. However, they are on the top of cowl and should drain with the rest of the water. I'll have to get my wife with a water hose to identify exactly were the water is coming from. It appears to be dripping some where above the fuse box.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

I had to use my phone's camera and my wife's reading light to look into the area where the vent goes. I found where the water was coming from. I removed the vent in the kick panel when I installed after market kick panels with speakers. I plan on getting a/c in the future and have already purchased the lap vents so I pulled the out. After watching the video on my phone it appears the vents are needed to direct the flow of water from the cowl area. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
cowl leak

On our '66, both sides were completely filled and hard packed- after cleaning, I had to repair rust, so when I made new pieces, I made a provision for water drainage- and some water does go into the front section of the rocker panel, but on the bottom of the factory seam, there is an opening for water drainage, and most all the cowl water dumps there. (there are openings down the length of the rocker panel also-make sure you don't seam seal those up or the rocker WILL fill with water). Best of luck to you. P.S. And yes, from all I've read, the top section of the vent DOES redirect the water, thus the reason for that "thick gum seal" around the perimeter of the vent housing. Also, if I remember correctly (it's been awhile), I had to fabricate some sort of baffle to replace the rotted one- that also re-directs the flow to the drain hole.

Last edited by gjones; 12-09-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: vent
gjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks for the information.

I imagine the passanger would have a similar issue, but I don't see water on that side.

What do the factory A/C cars have in that area to divert the flow of water?

Could I "Dynamat" the area to keep the water our of my car. The material I purchased to dynamat my vehicle was from Lowe's for roofing.

Any input is appreciated.

Joe

Last edited by joesweeting; 12-09-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion