who sells the best looking 15 inch rallye 2 wheels ? - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
fiesta62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 240
My Photos: (0)
Garage
who sells the best looking 15 inch rallye 2 wheels ?

hi, i want to change my 14 inch rallys to 15 inch and put some bigger rubber on my 67 gto, i guess 15 x 8 rallyes.....i remember seeing some advetized that looked real nice , i see the ones ames and year one have.....but are there other places that might have them?, thanks
fiesta62 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SEATTLE
Posts: 17
My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta62 View Post
hi, i want to change my 14 inch rallys to 15 inch and put some bigger rubber on my 67 gto, i guess 15 x 8 rallyes.....i remember seeing some advetized that looked real nice , i see the ones ames and year one have.....but are there other places that might have them?, thanks

"Wheel Vintiques"....I have worked with them several times and they do a good job....559-251-6957**
Scott...
Uly49 is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Hot_Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 372
My Photos: (0)
Summit also has 15" rallys. At least they did last time I looked. I think they're repro's but I'm not sure.
__________________
Jarred "Hot Rod" |1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport | Just a 350...
Hot_Rod is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Logan, Ut
Posts: 102
My Photos: (0)
I am going to be selling a set of stock 14" Rally ll wheels in the near future, just in case someone is interested.
orelog is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
jtwoods4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 264
My Photos: (10)
Specialty Wheels
Home page
jtwoods4 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23
My Photos: (0)
I had a set of 15 x 8 Rally II's on my 67 GTO. Every time I went down a slight incline and turned my wheel sharply, the tires would rub against the fender. I found myself driving in a way that avoided sharp turns. After a driving season, I put the 14 x 6 Rally I's back on.
Brian
wvmtnman is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
fiesta62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 240
My Photos: (0)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvmtnman View Post
I had a set of 15 x 8 Rally II's on my 67 GTO. Every time I went down a slight incline and turned my wheel sharply, the tires would rub against the fender. I found myself driving in a way that avoided sharp turns. After a driving season, I put the 14 x 6 Rally I's back on.
Brian
bit of bad luck there it dont sound good, i custom ordered the chrome rally 2 wheels but only 15 x 7 for front with 4.5 inch back space.....i got 15 x 8 for rear with 5.5 inch back space, picking up tomorrow they just arrived....got to figure out what tyres now and hope it all fits with no rubbing....
fiesta62 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
BearGFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Springtown, TX
Posts: 4,382
My Photos: (12)
Garage
I hear good things about Specialty Wheel. I'm planning to go that route for the wheels for my drag radials. Another advantage is that they're U.S. made.

On the front end I'd go 15X7 with 4.25" back-spacing. That's what I currently have on the Beast and they're VERY close to rubbing in turns. 15x8's would probably need at least 5" of back spacing to clear the bottom edges of the fenders, but that might make them rub somewhere else.

Bear
__________________
BearGFR
Garland, TEXAS
BearGFR is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
fiesta62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney, australia
Posts: 240
My Photos: (0)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearGFR View Post
I hear good things about Specialty Wheel. I'm planning to go that route for the wheels for my drag radials. Another advantage is that they're U.S. made.

On the front end I'd go 15X7 with 4.25" back-spacing. That's what I currently have on the Beast and they're VERY close to rubbing in turns. 15x8's would probably need at least 5" of back spacing to clear the bottom edges of the fenders, but that might make them rub somewhere else.

Bear
well i got my wheels and am going to try different tyres on tomorrow to see what works....starting with 275 on the rear...and work from there....front probably 235....
fiesta62 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

  Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac GTO > 1964-1974 GTO General Discussion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
15" Rallye Wheels CTCarGuy 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Restoration Discussions 1 07-09-2011 09:14 PM
Rallye II Wheels dhinnah 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Technical Discussions 1 08-11-2010 08:20 PM
17 Inch Wheels rgenter 2004-2006 GTO Parts for Sale (Price & Pictures Required) 2 08-29-2007 11:16 PM
18 inch or 17 inch wheels... Edel4011 Wheels and tires 27 12-23-2005 10:05 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.