Pontiac GTO Forum banner

65 tail light bezels

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Joe'sToy 
#1 ·
Do you have to remove bumper and quarter extensions to replace tail light bezels? The car is a 65 GTO

#2 ·
Yes, you have to drop the rear bumper. Just loosen the 2 bolts on each side of the frame rail. Then remove the 2 bolts that attach to the extension at the center, underneath the filler neck. Have a person help you pull the bumper back about 1 to 2" and then drop down below the back lip.

I used a milk crate to rest the bumper on when you lower it. Then you can remove the taillight extensions and then from the inside of the extensions, you can unscrew the bezels.

I did this by myself, but it's better if you have a helping hand.

#3 ·
Thanks Joe, I really appreciate your help. Mabe you could help with removing the two front grills in my 65 so they can be repainted. I know where the four attaching bolts are located but the top bolts are partially obstructed by the rad support looks like I willneed to loosen rad support and remove bumper to get them out? Have you ever removed the grills from your 65? If so HELP please Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.