Leaking Convertible - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leaking Convertible

I discovered some water in the trunk of my newly restored 65 convertible. This is my first convertible and am just finding my way around the top. I used a small hand sprayer and directed some water on the outside surface of the rear plastic window. When I looked in the trunk I could see water dripping from the corners where the rear drain trough changes directions and goes down over the rear inner fender. Before I had the top installed I made sure that all holes joins etc where thoroughly coated with body sealant. Obviously I missed something. Anyone out there have a similar problem, and if yes how was it corrected. I have not taken anything apart as yet. I hope that the rear of the top does not have to come off to access these two areas from the top side. Any information would be appreciated, Thanks
Sponsored Links

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Convertible Top, Interior, Glass and Trunk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.