Pontiac GTO Forum banner

VIN Tags: Unhappy camper

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  geeteeohguy 
#1 ·
Hello Gents;

So here is my problem. I sent my car out to be sandblasted. The shop, which I previously trusted and have known for some time, removed the door VIN tag and the firewall data tag. They then proceeded to lose them. Needless to say I was very annoyed. I have pictures of both and the title.

Any suggestions on how I can have these replaced?

#6 ·
This^^^. Quite simply, they owe you another car. Who's to say they didn't sell the VIN and trim tags to somebody who has a stolen car or a car to be cloned? What you have is basically a salvage shell. There is a VIN on the frame, driver's side on the top of the rail before the rear kick-up. But even with that, you are looking at a car with a state issued VIN (if you can even get that far) that is totally de-valued. This sucks.

#5 ·
bummer, here's a place you might try calling, I've had their contact saved since a few years ago I was going to re-do an old Charger that had a rusted data tag, however never did buy the car so no need to use them.
good luck let us know how it turns out

Tags Backeast, Trim Tags Backeast, Data Plates, A.G.Backeast. We make tags for AMC, Buick, Cadillac, Camaro, Chevelle, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Corvette, Dodge, DeSoto, Edsel, Ford, Frazer, La Salle, Henry J, Kaiser, Lincoln, Mercury, Mustang, Oldsmobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.