Pontiac GTO Forum banner

04 gto misfire

6K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  svede1212 
#1 ·
I have a 04 with the 6 spd my question is the runs great and pulls good but it sounds like it's missing through the exhaust will a exhaust leak make it sound like that it's straight piped thanks for any help

#3 ·
Agree, could be either. Any Garage can put a scanner on it at the connector under the steering wheel and read the misfire monitor....

It will have all current and history misfires.....but if they get real bad it will set a trouble code.....effects emissions, a bad plug, plug wire , clogged or bad fuel injector, Vacumn leak at the intake gasket are also things that can cause misfires...

#4 ·
I forgot to mention that it didn't start doing this until I had the exhaust done and the exhaust shop didn't unhook the battery before welding the pipes. Iam going to take it back to the shop and have him look at because the service engine light isn't on

#13 ·
You could check for leaks in the exhaust. I used 10# air pressure on one pipe and blocked off the other and then crawled under to feel for leaks. It's a lot easier than trying to find them on a running engine that's hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.