04 gto vs 05 GT mustang - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
04 gto vs 05 GT mustang

I'm really stuck here. I love both of these cars and am unsure which one is the better choice. I know this is the GTO forum, but can anybody help me think up some advantages one car has over the other?
Thanks.

David~
dacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was undecided too before I bought my GTO. Now that I have and I see the new Mustang every where I am glad I did. Not to mention the first time one pulled up beside me at a traffic light and wanted to play. As soon as I saw the front end of that pretty new mustang in my rear view mirror I realized I made the right decision.
In Dash DVD/TV
Custom 10's in Trunk
ArmyRctr04GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Both are good choices. It comes down to prefrence I like the uniquenesss and the performance of the GTO. Mustang is a pretty car that has retro look going for it. Good luck with what ever way you go.
supsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Go ahead and get the Mustang. Then you can have a car that looks like every 3rd car on the road instead of looking like a Grand AM.

Like conformity? Get a Mustang. Like individuality? Get a GTO.
Tyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrod
Go ahead and get the Mustang. Then you can have a car that looks like every 3rd car on the road instead of looking like a Grand AM.

Like conformity? Get a Mustang. Like individuality? Get a GTO.

Couldn't have said it better. I've only seen a handful of GTO's in the last year but have seen more Mustang GT's in the last month. Remember Ford is going to produce a few hundred thousand Mustangs, but GM is only making 15-16k GTO's a year
bomber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 1fast05GTO
I would definately get the gto. Not only cause i have an 05, but i have a friend who has a 05 gt, and the gto performs so much better, and is definatly more unique. For the money, they are both great cars. GTO is a little more, but your paying for a car that has better acceleration, in my opinion more comfort on long distant drives, and 100hp...sure the Mustang wakes up with little mods, but so does the gto...it all depends on what u want urself. my gto is in the 12's with 500 bucks worth of bolt ons...lets see the mustang do that. But not to knock the stang, i just think that the gto is a better car for the money. Good luck
1fast05GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

I bought an 04 GTO over an 05 Mustang because of price. I got my goat for just over $20k and an 05 GT stickers for $28,900 plus $900 for paint guard and a $5,000 market adjustment. That is what every dealer I have talked to is asking here in Cincinnati. Hell, back in December they would not even call me back when I told them I wanted a GT.

If they were priced the same I would get the GT. The aftermarket for stangs is huge and you can individualize your car with the mods you put on it.

GTOs are not the best looking vehicles I have ever seen, but the interior, motor and tranny kick ass! A GTO will never look as cool as an 05 GT.

I love my GTO with all its little problems!

93 T/A A4 with lots of mods
12.41 @ 109 1.71 60'
6spdgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

thanks for the help guys. Anyone know which one might be better in terms of reliability?
dacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

reliability...i have only had mine for a couple months, so i have no input....but consistency is what i'm most excited about. What i mean by consistency is the fact that i can consistently hand the 05 mustang it's ass w/ the gto - stock
PULSE04GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

good question.........I don't think anyone (consumer reports) has enough data to really rate reliability. The mustang is too new to make a guess too.
Vader953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion