05 gto headers - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
05 gto headers

Hello everyone i am new here so sorry if i dnt know much. Anyways my question is i have a 2005 gto (stock) and was wondering if i wanted to get aftermarket headers what would be the way to go n what size. I see websites say 3" pipes n 1 3/4 idk wat tjat means lol i get the 3" though. Also is there a specific mesurement i should look for to fit the block or any aftermarket will fit made for that car. With that said would i need new cats simce it will be aftermarket headers or can.i use stock. And last but not least is H pipe better or X pipe. My friend sqid to get single chambers but idk wat he means by that. Can anyone help plz. Thank you n hope everyone has a happy new year
edd916_gtoLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd916_gtoLS2 View Post
Hello everyone i am new here so sorry if i dnt know much. Anyways my question is i have a 2005 gto (stock) and was wondering if i wanted to get aftermarket headers what would be the way to go n what size. I see websites say 3" pipes n 1 3/4 idk wat tjat means lol i get the 3" though. Also is there a specific mesurement i should look for to fit the block or any aftermarket will fit made for that car. With that said would i need new cats simce it will be aftermarket headers or can.i use stock. And last but not least is H pipe better or X pipe. My friend sqid to get single chambers but idk wat he means by that. Can anyone help plz. Thank you n hope everyone has a happy new year
You can get shorty headers but they are a waste of time. Take a look at Kooks and ARH. Both will offer cats and two sizes of pipes. Depending on if your changing heads and adding a forced induction of some type use the 1 7/8. otherwise the 1 3/4 will work just fine.

http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/ca...&sname=General Motors&sid=51&pname=GTO (LS1/LS2)&pnid=60
04-06 Pontiac GTO

As far as H or X it depends on the sound you want. Do a search on you tube and you can hear them .
700Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Your buddy is probably talking about mufflers with the single chamber thing. That depends on your taste but single chambers are way too loud for a street car IMO. As stated above long tube headers are worth more, shorties are OK but don't really do much. 1-3/4" primaries are good for most cars unless you plan to add a 'charger later on. Kooks and American Racing Headers are two very good headers but pricey. I have Pacesetters and they are nice and carry a much lower price tag, but they are regular mild steel instead of stainless. I have coated versions and they fit well and are holding up very nicely, but I don't DD my car.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well thanks that helpped out alot. is there a way i can add more upgrades that arent to pricey for now or will it all be pricey since they dnt make gtos no more.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'll echo what B-ville said. 1-3/4" primaries are plenty for stock to mid power level & displacement cars. Any good set of heades should have a 3" collector. Good headers that won't corrode are pricey but well worth it IMO and the base for every mod that comes after it. Buy used for a bargain. Having an LS2 you could find a shop that knows how to port your intake manifold to free up some extra ponies. Also you can get a good OTRCAI. That's about all without going into the motor.

Don't forget, anything worth doing is also going to require being retuned.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you everyone now time to look for some headers n save up n then have my baby walling down the streets to break everyones necks
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

The search at the top of the screen is your best friend. You can look almost anything up from shorties vs. long tubes to x-pipe vs. h-pipe ect.
ZEIKE524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Long tubes are the way to go if you can afford it, and the install since there's a lot more work compared to the shorties. Good luck whichever route you take.
SyncTSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Good advise has already been given above... next up, pricing

Headers : MarylandSpeed.com- Your First Stop on the Way to Performance!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quick question how do you make new forums i forgot how. And also i might as well ask here. Idk if you guys have had trouble with your gto but my engine light came on a couple hours ago and i scaned it and it told me kwp2000 and iso9141 idk what that means but ive been searching and i thnk the 2000 is the software but i have no clue what the other one it. Also it said erro link so im assuming i didnt get a code but everything runs fine. But my xpipe is blown n i have one pipe conected n another one just broke of so im wondering if that could be a problem. Do any of you guys get hat code please help thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion