Custom Halo's and Smoked tail lights - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Custom Halo's and Smoked tail lights

Decided to smoke the tail lights, I think it looks really clean, especially on the black GTO's. While I was at it decided to buy some Halo's off Amazon and install them on my stock lights.

Tail Lights

Heres a shot of the Halo's. The camera didnt pic them up hardly at all. They look really nice in person. Nice and bright. I also used the Night Shades Tinting on the headlights, but I only applied it on the top and bottom 2 inches. Came our really night without hindering the headlights.

Thinking about painting the new wheels black as well to see how it looks. I think Ill plasti-dip them black, then do a regular gloss black over that, so if I dont like it, or ever want them back to normal I can peal the paint off because of the rubber layer the Plasti-Dip would provide. If I get it done today Ill put up some more pics.
Mike_Metzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

what halos did you use? and what was the install like? how long did it take?
nomiss05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

These are the Halos I bought and Im very very happy with them. They look awesome and are wayyy bright. Pic really doesnt do them justice.

CCFL Halo Rings Angel Eye Kit White Headlight For Mazda 6 : Amazon.com : Automotive CCFL Halo Rings Angel Eye Kit White Headlight For Mazda 6 : Amazon.com : Automotive

The install took about half a day, mostly because I wasnt sure what it was going to inhale. The install of the larger rings was pretty easy, however in order to get the smaller rings to look the way I wanted I spent some time dremeling the inside of the light. But Im really happy with the finished product. I hooked them up toggle style because I wanted the option to run them when ever I wanted and or when my headlights are on or off.

Keep in mind opening up your lights means putting them in the oven for about 3 minutes in order to make the glue pliable enough to separate the lens from the body.

Overall its a really easy process, just take your time and do it right.
Mike_Metzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion