GTOs with 19-20 inch wheels & tires
I am new to this forum as of tonight. I am interested in purchasing a 2005-6GTO in the near future. Yesterday I drove a 2005 C6 Corvette and a 2006 GTO back to back, and the GTO is nothing less than a 4 seat Corvette. I loved it !!! I could feel the extra few hundred pounds in the GTO over the C6 Vette, but for a family, the Vette is a bit impractical. The GTO has more than enough get up and go. A few questions I have if someone would help me please.
1. What is the (most popular) transmission that you folks would have for a daily driver?
2. What is the best fuel economy that you have experienced with your GTO's overall highway and city driving? I do alot of highway driving too, taking trips.
3. I would like to outfit my car with a set of after market tires and wheels in 19 inch sizes. I have seen a few cars in this forum with 20's, how does the GTO handle set up this way? They sure do fill up the fenderwells. What size tires do you folks recommend with changing wheel diameter?
4. Performance intake?
5. Best performance exhaust?
6. Those of you with 19-20's on your GTO's please forward some pics to the gallery or me personally, so I can plan what I should do. I am torn between Torrid Red-Black, Impulse Blue-Black or Silver with either red & black or black interiors.
7. How many women own GTO's? My wife is not too sure about this car. Of course she hasn't driven one either.
Last edited by TUCKERDOGG; 03-24-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Reason: For the text to make more sense