recently new owner - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
recently new owner

purchased my 2006 gto about 2 months ago, with 19300 on the odometer, and completely in love with it (black on black).i havent really done anything to it except installing a lingenfelter "cai" supposedly.

i plan on doing headers (prob kooks) and exhaust (either corsa or bassani) but i cant seem to find any files to help me make up my decision. i check youtube, but everyone that takes video seem to take them in a garage where it echos, or some crappy camera. so i think i may just call the companies and ask then to send me files. and then maybe a new fast ported intake and tb.

also, when would be a good time to start looking into a tuner? i know i do have the "cai" but i dont believe it opened too much up for me as far as hp is concerned. i was thinking prob after i do the headers and exhaust would be a good place to start. and i also see that everyone uses this infinity or some hand held programmer. has anyone tried the diablo trinity?? reason i ask is because i would rather change programs on the fly rather then have to stop, make sure i have the hand held and cable, blah blah blah.

anyways what im also looking from you guys, is there anything i need to be aware for as far as shoddy parts that came from the dealer that i should replace. i saw a post on here not to long ago that mentioned a lot of suspension parts that should be changed out, havent been able to find it for a few days.

im not looking for this to be a race car or some killer car on the drag track, as it is my daily driver, but just something that has awesome power when i need it (and maybe a day here or there at the track, dont get me wrong)

sorry to give such a loaded post.
The Black Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

I am a fairly new owner myself. 06M6. I put a Corsa Sport on my car and love the sound. I have not done headers or mids yet. I have been looking into suspension stuff too. I know the stock is junk. My springs are sagging so I am in process of looking for replacement parts. I would suggest going over to 2004-2006 GTO Source. More people talk on there and if you search for your requests, you will definitely find answers. This site is pretty dead most of the time.
Evilgoat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

You installed a lingenfelter? You're right, you haven't really done anything to it.

Svede Speed Over the Radiator CAI or Vararam.

Auto or M6? If M6, change that shifter out. GMM, Proxes modified MGW or Billet Prototypes.
Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears
BWinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah definately not going to install the svede intake. not a big fan of cutting up my radiator cover, especially on a car that isn't in production. I did like the intake though, and I'm one the really like to keep the car looking stock and sleeper-ish. Even though it is a GTO and nothing sleeper about a GTO.

It is a m6 even though I've heard rumors that the a4 is slightly faster, I'm not about to drive an automatic GTO. I was looking at shifters, but couldn't tell if any of them had stops, but I'll check out the names you've given me. Thanks for the help
The Black Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

FWIW, you can pick up a cover for around $50 bucks.I run it without the cover.
Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears
BWinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

You can run either of those OTR intakes without the radiator cover so you don't have to cut it. Or do what I did and buy a new one for 30 from the dealer and save the original. GMM Ripshift is what I have, awesome shifter and it does have stops. To be fair they are not needed as the T56 has internal stops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion