Pontiac GTO Forum banner

water in the exhaust pipe bad??

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  batmans 
#1 ·
hey guys, dumb question but after i wash the goat there is always water in the exhaust pipes and i was wondering if it can rust my exhaust cuz i dont have stainless pipes, i got an aluminized catback and just wanted to kno if i should drive the car around for a while to get it out or am i alright to just wash it and put it in the garage??

thanx all:seeya:

#2 ·
1. Are you actually spraying into the pipe?

2. I'm assuming you have chrome exhaust tips; so get some Bullet Metal Polish and make they babies shine after you wash it; problem solved

3. If the exhaust rusts from a car wash, what do you think will happen in the rain or snow? I doubt you have anything to worry about

#4 ·
Its happened to mine... just fire it up and go for a drying run before parking the goat back in the barn.

LOL, 1st time I was aware of post wash water in the exhaust, my goat puked it all over a friends GTO. We were pulling out of a parking lot and heading to an all GTO event in Jersey. When I jumped on it, my tails deposited 2 perfect stripes on his hood and windshield. Which led to accusations of me trying to sabotage his goat's chance of winning.... after a couple beers and laughing about it.

#8 ·
i put water in my mufflers in the NSX, RX7 and GTO while i clean out the inside of the tips.

No harm.

It quiets down the cars when until u got WOT and deliver a cloud of steam and mist out the back.

Makes for great stories about dirtying up windshields of people that like to tail gate.

In the winter time, it's more like a smoke grenade.

#9 ·
cool cool hahahahah thanx guys yeah i was just curious to kno wat would happen

RED u got me thinkin hahaha im gonna try that wen my friends are following me around town next time hahaha

#10 ·
I've been guilty of filling up the mufflers with water on purpose until the car sounds like a power boat.

And drive it carefully since I don't want the exhaust to pre-mature ejaculate water.

Take it around town slowly until some unsuspecting car tail gates me for driving a few MPH under the limit.

and WOT!!!!

Looks something like this in the winter:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.