Clutch bleeder - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Clutch bleeder

Can someone please help me find this god damn little thing.. I have searched the whole drivers side of the tranny working my way up.. cant see it or feel it.

If we take our position from the DEXRON 3 sign, then where is it located on the tranny?

I have used the search too btw and it doesnt help me.

Thanks in advance.. really need to change the fluid now...
Richtenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (15)
I'll do my best. Look above where the clutch line goes into the bellhousing. You'll see a small hole about a inch or two thats were it is located, it's resessed inside there. Use a 11mm deepwell socket. The fluid will drain down into the bell housing. Yes its a PITA, thats why I went with the remote bleeder.
GM4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

, I thought the radiator drain plug would be the worst "fluid drain" part to find, however that one was a piece of cake compared to the clutch bleeder

Thanks GM, IŽll look for where the line connects then and feel around that area
Old 03-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My Photos: (11)
Garage

SvedeSpeed OTRCAI|!MAF|HP Tuners|SLP LTs|FTI cam|SLP UD|243 Heads|FAST 102|2.5" Exh

Rip Shift|DSS shaft|Diamond Stg3 |Lovells |Koni|Harrop|SuperPro bushes|Pedders|Hotchkis|3.91s

svede1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Great

Thanks for the picture Svede, you always surprise me with all your great pictures. That really looks like a pita to reach...

Do you need to do anything else besides lifting up the car to reach it?

Really thanks for all your help aswell
Old 03-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My Photos: (16)
Clutch bleeder = the guy you hire to bleed the clutch

Restoration pictures password is 'GTO'
Burn-out videos.
Rukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

:)

I was almost thinking about that solution, however i would rather use my vacum cleaner (not even good at sucking up dust) than leaving it to Mechanics who repair Volvos all day long (Not good on anything besides volvos and to be lazy and take a huge amount of money to say that they cannot find the bleeder)
Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My Photos: (11)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtenb View Post
Thanks for the picture Svede, you always surprise me with all your great pictures. That really looks like a pita to reach...

Do you need to do anything else besides lifting up the car to reach it?

Really thanks for all your help aswell
It's not that bad to get to once you figured out where it is. You can't see it. Just jack up the car and when under there feel for the squarish hole right above where the hydraulic line goes in just like in the picture. I believe it's an 11mm hex bleeder? anyways just be double sure that you don't drop the socket into the bell housing or you'll be pulling the tranny to retrieve it. The picture is of mine with the bleeder hex screw taken out and a braided remote bleeder line screwed into the slave. Don't know why but they put a 90* on the end so I had to run the line out the hydraulic line hole. The remote bleeders are a must if you ever have the tranny off for any reason. It makes it not only really easy to bleed it but it also makes it very easy to change out your fluids from time toe time.

SvedeSpeed OTRCAI|!MAF|HP Tuners|SLP LTs|FTI cam|SLP UD|243 Heads|FAST 102|2.5" Exh

Rip Shift|DSS shaft|Diamond Stg3 |Lovells |Koni|Harrop|SuperPro bushes|Pedders|Hotchkis|3.91s

svede1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtenb View Post
, I thought the radiator drain plug would be the worst "fluid drain" part to find, however that one was a piece of cake compared to the clutch bleeder

Thanks GM, IŽll look for where the line connects then and feel around that area
No problem, thats what I'm here for. If you planning on doing your clutch get the remote bleeder and do it while the tranny is out. When I pulled the tranny to my clutch and front seal on the trans I did the bleeder and steel braided clutch line.

The bleeder is the one on top its 11mm.

This is the modded F-body slave with remote clutch line and steel braded line attached.

The remote clutch line is in the upper right corner of the picture routed above the brake booster. Make bleeding the clutch so much easier, expecially when you use a Mighty Vac.
GM4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks

You are the best guys... I am sure ill find it know.

I make sure i donŽt drop the 11 in there then

I actually will take down the tranny in the summer. think i will get a better grip of it when it is out, I will make sure i put in a remote bleeder then. However i also have a Tick adjustable clutch master cylinder which I believe got a remote bleeder in it.. will start another thread about that one.

Once again thanks for all the help and nice pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion