Dies right after starting - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Dies right after starting

The past few days every now and then when starting that car it will idle for a second then die. have to turn the key back to off then it will typically start the second time. had to do it a third time once. I noticed this was after I let it get on gas the other day. It also seems to studder a bit when getting on it, nothing to bad though. I'm thinking fule pump?
Difflow diffuser, K&N intake, x pipe only exhaust, HO alternator, pioneer touch screen, 55w HID's, 35w fogs, halo/projector headlights, fender stripe, 5%-15% window tint, black lug nut caps, black side markers, more to come
Papa Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Possibly but could have also sucked up some crap out of the tank when it got low?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

I would try a fuel filter as the culprit! I agree with B-Ville that more than likely you have sucked up dirt and clogged your fuel filter. How many miles are on your car and when was the last time the ff was changed?
68OldGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

No idea when the last time was. I filled up today and am running some lucas oil injector cleaner though and its running better so far. I'll get that filter changed, I've put over 10,000 miles on it and I have no idea about the previous owner.
Difflow diffuser, K&N intake, x pipe only exhaust, HO alternator, pioneer touch screen, 55w HID's, 35w fogs, halo/projector headlights, fender stripe, 5%-15% window tint, black lug nut caps, black side markers, more to come
Papa Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion