Pontiac GTO Forum banner

SAP four pipe exhaust

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  STINGYA 
#1 ·
Is it any better than stock? Is the sound different? More power?

#3 ·
GTO judge said:
The sound is more aggressive, deeper, and louder. No more power.

It sounds very very close to the cherry bombs that were popular in the 70's.

You can hear the popping when decelerating, and downshifting. Very distinctive sound.
I thought the gitty-up-go off the line was better once I installed them. They do sound better though. A more authoritive sound.

#4 ·
They sound much better. It's not that annoying loud sound some mufflers give and such... but a very beautiful rich sound that says "This is American Muscle, baby!".

I thought it seemed like there was more power being added slightly with them also, but I think it was just more of the sound affecting you.

#5 ·
silvergoat05 said:
I thought the gitty-up-go off the line was better once I installed them. They do sound better though. A more authoritive sound.

I can't say for certain if there is any more power. If there is I didn't notice it. I really didn't pay attention..... Regardless of the power...... The sound is night and day different than the exhaust that came from factory. It has the best sound of any stock exhaust I've ever heard and that includes the Trans-Am's. I love it. I turn off the radio just to hear it. I do like the look of the 3-1/2" pipes on the factory exhaust, and that sound is awesome as well. Both exhausts are fantastic sounding. The SAP one plays the Anthem in a louder octave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.