Will dealer do the right thing? - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Will dealer do the right thing?

I have an oil leak coming from my oil filter adapter cover. The leak is coming through the stud hole and seeping between the stud and nut. I changed the gasket to no avail! The bad part is this stud goes straight through the oil pan and attaches to an oil tube assembly. There is a gasket in the oil cavity side as well as the one for the cover...which means the oil pan will probably need to be pulled so this inner gasket can be addressed. I'm just wondering if the dealer will go the extra mile and do this properly, or will they cut corners, like use gasket and thread sealer, to bandaid the problem. I suppose if they stop the leak, I'm OK. I have a pic included to show the leak.
Attached Thumbnails
Will dealer do the right thing?-image.jpg  
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (20)
I think that would largely depend on the dealership. Where I go, I would trust them to do the 'right thing' since they've always done that the times I've had work done by them.
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
HP11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

So......I got my oil leak fixed! Dealer told me they replaced the gasket....but I already changed the gasket to no avail! Got under her tonight to see if my suspicions were correct.....and they WERE! Thread seal/lock on the leaking stud and nut!! I'm not surprised! Anyway she's not leaking and I'm happy about that!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thats why I do all my own work as much as I can. I just dont trust people to do the quality of job that I want. And for the things I do pay people to do, I give them specific instructions and check it all out before I drive the car away. Granted they arent always happy about it but I'm not paying them 30 bucks an hour to do spotty work.
Difflow diffuser, K&N intake, x pipe only exhaust, HO alternator, pioneer touch screen, 55w HID's, 35w fogs, halo/projector headlights, fender stripe, 5%-15% window tint, black lug nut caps, black side markers, more to come
Papa Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well my leak sprang up again seeping through the lock seal. It was time to take matters into my own hands.....got some Mr Gasket pipe tape, wrapped the 2 studs and got the nuts back on. It's been a month and still bone dry!! I'm in no position to pull the motor and drop the oil pan to do the perfect job, so this will do nicely!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacobazzi View Post
Well my leak sprang up again seeping through the lock seal. It was time to take matters into my own hands.....got some Mr Gasket pipe tape, wrapped the 2 studs and got the nuts back on. It's been a month and still bone dry!! I'm in no position to pull the motor and drop the oil pan to do the perfect job, so this will do nicely!
and as long thats working, Dont fix it if it isnt broken.
Difflow diffuser, K&N intake, x pipe only exhaust, HO alternator, pioneer touch screen, 55w HID's, 35w fogs, halo/projector headlights, fender stripe, 5%-15% window tint, black lug nut caps, black side markers, more to come
Papa Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion