Long time owner.....New Forum Member - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Forum Discussion > Member Introductions
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Long time owner.....New Forum Member

Hello to everyone. I have owned my 1966 GTO since 1981. It is a #'s matching tri-power, 4 spd car. The color is marina turquoise with black interior. Options include rally gauges, seat belts and reverb radio. I have driven the car as a "survivor" but am now starting a restoration. Going to freshen the engine, paint, and trim. Think I will also install front disc brakes. The interior is still original and nearly flawless. I recently sold one of my street rods and need a project so the GTO is it. I am the second owner of this car.

Looking forward to learning from all of the knowledgeable people on this forum.
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

welcome to the forum, thats a rare bird indeed, less that 20,000 tripower 66's produced out of nearly 100,000, restoration will probably decrease the value from a nice numbers matching survivor which it looks to be. They are only original once. Post some pics of it, how bad is the paint? I would leave as is and freshen it up with all stock parts and i am far from a "numbers matching" guy but there are certain cars that warrant saving in original condition if possible and that my friend is one of them.
Instg8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instg8ter View Post
welcome to the forum, thats a rare bird indeed, less that 20,000 tripower 66's produced out of nearly 100,000, restoration will probably decrease the value from a nice numbers matching survivor which it looks to be. They are only original once. Post some pics of it, how bad is the paint? I would leave as is and freshen it up with all stock parts and i am far from a "numbers matching" guy but there are certain cars that warrant saving in original condition if possible and that my friend is one of them.
The paint is not all that good. Also needs suspension, brakes, and engine rebuild. The body mounts are also in need of replacement. It's just time to make it good and road worthy. "Survivor" is fine but I've been that way for a long time and now it is time to make it road worthy and dependable. It will still be a #'s matching car. Thanks for your comments!
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Forum Discussion > Member Introductions