Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Whats your occupation?

3M views 1K replies 848 participants last post by  JJPIV33 
#1 ·
Now that the board is getting going a little bit, we should at least knwo what you do...

Right now I am a student/caddy...

anyone else?

#3 ·
I was a paramedic for ten years in Charlotte, NC but got hurt on the job, had to have shoulder surgery and ended up having to come 'off the street'. Now I'm an asst supervisor in communications. The biggest thing I miss is driving through Charlotte rush hour, lights and siren blazing, running people off the road and jumping curbs!!! LOLOL :D

#5 ·
Oh trust me Larry....I'm reliving my career! LOL The only problem is... I didn't have to worry about Mr. Po-lice man when I was working... I've got my 17yr old son's Mitsubishi GTZ on my insurance policy (OUCH) as well as hubby's F250, the GTO and a camper. So I definitely cannot afford a ticket!! :(

#7 ·
I'm a the Parts manager at a GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Subaru, Hyundai, and Daewoo dealership. Been a parts guy for almost 20 years now, and a car geek for life. Married and father of two boys. A 3 year old and a 2 month old. :eek:
Being a dad is cool.

Brian

#9 ·
Brian, you are soooo right. It's indescribable; I guess because you're not worried about getting stopped. WOOHOO what a rush. Adrenaline junkie? You got that right! LOL

#10 ·
I retired in 2000 after 27 years in Corrections. Let me tell you first hand, retirement is not what I thought it would be. It's about 10 times better! Last of 5 boys still at home, he turns 16 tomorrow and has his appointment set for 10am at the DMV. Wife retired from same place I did so we are just doing what ever our little hearts desire. I considered getting rid of my Volvo S60 AWD turbo and getting the new GTO but I like the AWD in the Alaska winters. I already have the 66 for fun and doubt I could talk the wife into both. I may try for the 06 when it comes. That would be kind of cool. Get rid of her Saturn, give her my Volvo, get brand new GTO. Yeah, that should work. Anyone got a couch I could sleep on?

#12 ·
you can sleep on my couch if you let me drive the Goat.... :D

im the night crew forman of a machine shop. i have 3 employees and im 23 yrs old. which is why most dealerships such as 2 pontiac, 1 infinity, 1 volvo, and 1 bmw, won't give me the time of day... even though i probably make more than their salesmen. anyways... since the rise of the night crew at my shop, production has more than doubled so they show me a bit of.... gratitude. :D which is why i will be getting an '05 GTO soon.

#19 ·
kevracer said:
I am a Project Manager for a construction company. Currently managing a 65 million dollar wastewater treatement plant expansion. And yes, some days it stinks :)
At least you know where to look when it does stink, and having to work with **** is a normal expecation - unlike my job here. I get to dig in this crap all the time, and i don't even know where it ccomes from!!! :eek:

---Larry

#20 ·
I own an Export Packing & International Freight Forwarding company in Houston. We crate cargo, load ocean containers, put cargo on aircraft and vessels to various destinations around the world. We do import, export, whatever we can get our hands into. I can get anything in or out of the country. Legal commodities, that is :D

#22 ·
HOT GOAT said:
I am a Program Manager, grandfather and owner of 64 Chevrolet SS 409 and Silverado 2500 HD Duramax, and hopefully a 2005 GTO.
HOT GOAT
409 - I'm jealous. Always wanted one. Chevy dealer here has one, still all stickered about 64 miles on it. Never driven all miles on and off trucks from shows. It is an awesome sight. :)

G
#23 · (Edited)
I am a dentist. Purchased this car about a month ago. Happenned to drive by the car dealer strip and kind of slowed down, just out curiosity, on an early Sunday morning back from Toys R'US and saw this I never seen one before, lonely black car kind of looking like a sports car and kind of not. Stopped and got off my car and I bent down to look at this side emblem that says GTO/5.7 litre and scratched my head and said to myself: "This is no ordinary car here." Opened the hood and , yes, there was a 5.7 litre engine inside. Humm ... going to look inside " and you all have had the same impression I had. Sat on that drivers seat and fearfully looked at the stick shift and "bravo" it was automatic (I only drive automatic). Scratched my head and remembered about three years ago I did the same at the Ford dealer. On that ocassion I sat in this nice looking machine that said "Saleen". I was so excited with it I said to the car salesman: " I want this car. Send it to my office with an autoimatic transmission option. That day the car salesman had a big laugh and said to me: "Doc, this is a racing car. It only comes manual." "That so!" I said and drove back home in my Lincoln. Get the drift now? I went for a test drive and you know what I mean. Took it home like ye'all did.

I will probably keep it as it is (Maybe a KN filter or aircharger.) 'cause it is the 04'. One day the 04' model will have a place of its own. There's only 18,000 and, as the remainder is sold around at lower prices, the chances are that with the years few will survive in mint condition. I don't think it needs a different exhaust system and I certainly don't need a supercharger. I think the grill does not need replacement unless one can put a 05' hood on it and safeguards the 04' hood for the future. If I put an aircharger I kind of think I should also look at side vents, but, sidevents will ruin the original body. I like the set of wheels too. I don't think it needs much more and if I did I would get an 05'.

The 05' feels like a tiny splinter stuck in a finger (We all wish one too.). We will soon find out how much will it cost and still how well it will do in the market. If it is a hit the GTO name will be worth more in the future and if does not the o4' and the 05' will be rarities. I personally think the 05' will be a hit. We all know that, so far, our 04's are well built. We can safely rely on the veteran Monaro for that. Most of us probably got a good price and relaxed financing from GM. It sure feels good on the highway (Don't forget your Passports 8005). Today it is the only GTO on the road. Let's go hunting you guys for all the Crossfires, Q 35's and Mustangs. It's hunting season out there. It is a good and exciting car. I like my 04'. I hope you all enjoy yours too.

#24 ·
I am a staff scientist working at the Army Research Laboratory in Adelphi, Maryland. My research focus is computational physics. I used to teach undergraduate physics at a large university in Washington DC

I don't own a GTO yet - I am waiting for the 2005's.

#25 ·
I'm a new college grad who is a mechanical engineer for Pratt & Whintey. I work as a project manager for Facilites & Services were i manage some jobs and also conduct design work for other jobs. Right now i am working on a big demo job were i am the only mechanical engineer giving support to job suppling project managment over the mechanical contractors and also engineering support.
I am hired as a contract to work there, but i did my co-ops there with the department so that is why they hired me as an consultant.
And the 04 GTO was a present to myself for finishing school. One must reward themselves first why they can.

#26 ·
Sales engineering selling pumps and boilers for commercial and residental. Don't have a GTO, yet. Working on trying to find the owner of a piece of land that has 2 1970(?) GTO's that need rescuing. That and trying to sell the girlfriend on the idea. Made a deal last night that I can buy a GTO when we get married, trying to work on that to get it down to buy a GTO now. lol