2004 Bassani catback - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Intake and Exhaust Discussions
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
2004 Bassani catback

There is a deal localy for a BNIB 04 Bassani catback for $350. I was not planning on buying a catback but putting one together from my own parts similar to what Svede did. However this seems like a really good deal and there is no way I could cobble together my own cat back for $350.

Based on research here, YT and LS1 GTO it seems there are not any major complaints and not much, if any, drone being reported. My concerns are volume with shorty headers and catted mids and drone at 2,000 RPMs or between 70-75 crusing on the highway.

Thanks for your information.

'Moe
Ironmn715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

This forum is crazy...32 views and no responses.

'Moe
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm running JBA shorty headers with cats and an SLP Loudmout 1 exhaust on my '04 GTO m6. There is a little drone around 2,000 rpm but it sounds nice. When I'm on the highway it's pretty quiet when in 6th gear.I think that Bassini exhaust is a really good deal for the money but I couldn't say for sure if the sound is similar to mine.
trues607 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Go for it.
Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears
BWinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

I wonder how hanging the muffler in the back effects the drone? My understanding is that the 04 location is best for cutting down on the drone.

'Moe
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmn715 View Post
This forum is crazy...32 views and no responses.

'Moe
YEP! its so difficult to get help on here. I would say even its not quite the sounds you were looking for thats an awesome price. If you get it then over time you could put new mufflers/cats whatever to make it more of what you were wanting.
Mine had the flowmaster cat back on it when I bought it, good sound but way to much drone (no idea what muffler placement has to do with it) Now mines strait piped from the stock manifolds back, not to much drone, not to loud under normal driving conditions, and dirty enough you can tell theres a big ol' v8 under the hood. But to each his own, either way for a cat back that cheap, id jump on it.
Difflow diffuser, K&N intake, x pipe only exhaust, HO alternator, pioneer touch screen, 55w HID's, 35w fogs, halo/projector headlights, fender stripe, 5%-15% window tint, black lug nut caps, black side markers, more to come
Papa Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

I was thinking about getting the OBX cat back just for the SS pipe. I am not sure how "interchangable" the Bassani system is with other mufflers because of the SINGLE dual inlet/outlet muffler would really be. I was thinking of grabbing the OBX because there are far mor muffler options with their magnflow style knock off than Bassani. I figure that I could get the OBX including shipping and install for $450ish. Bonus is this is all SS

My other option is to do something similiar to what Svede did...Pypes SS narrow drive tunnel X pipe going into mufflers of choice and some tips. I figure that could be fabbed and installed for $600ish. Down side here is that the tailpipes are likely to be aluminized steel and NOT SS of any kind.

I was also thinking about calling SLP and seeing if I could buy their 04 system sans muffers/resonators and experiment with various resonators/tube glasspack mufflers from MRT, magnaflow, Pypes ect...

Yeah this forum seems a bit dead.

'Moe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Intake and Exhaust Discussions