spintech or no mufflers? - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Intake and Exhaust Discussions
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
spintech or no mufflers?

alrite i ordered a set of just the spintech mufflers nothing else for now and i recieved them. I took the stock mufflers off and decided to start it up. I really like the sound i get from no mufflers at all and am trying to decide if it is really worth puting the spintechs on because i may not like them as well as i like running no mufflers at all. wut are your opinions on this. I just want sum feedback bc im not really sure on how the spintech sounds with no x pipe or h pipe.
sampsonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampsonite View Post
alrite i ordered a set of just the spintech mufflers nothing else for now and i recieved them. I took the stock mufflers off and decided to start it up. I really like the sound i get from no mufflers at all and am trying to decide if it is really worth puting the spintechs on because i may not like them as well as i like running no mufflers at all. wut are your opinions on this. I just want sum feedback bc im not really sure on how the spintech sounds with no x pipe or h pipe.
Use the mufflers and then add an H or X later.I've heard a muffler delete on a GTO.It is loud as hell and it doesn't sound as good as Spintech imo.
ROBSGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

personally, unless a car is up the track, with an engine that makes enough HP to overpower the exhaust note...I think open exhaust, or straight pipes sound like s**t.

why would you want just an obnoxious noise coming from your car? not to mention the attention you will get from the po-po's
Northeast Rod Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (10)
Garage
Ditto on the PO PO.
Instead of getting away with smoky burnouts, a strong launch will attract cops blocks away and piss off your neighbors. Loud mufflers smooth a open exhaust sound.
jetstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mfriend193
yes ditto on this. I would keep the spintech
mfriend193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

With running the stock exhaust from front to back with the exception of muffler delete is it really that loud? I just heard my buddys crustang gt v8 stock exhaust with out mufflers and I didnt think it was that loud or obnoxious, thought it kind of sounded good, other then the 1 bad backfire it had.

Also with muffler delete does it tend to resonate into the inside and drone you out?
chuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckD View Post
With running the stock exhaust from front to back with the exception of muffler delete is it really that loud?
Also with muffler delete does it tend to resonate into the inside and drone you out?
yes and yes
Northeast Rod Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Intake and Exhaust Discussions