anyway to tell which pedders I have? - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
anyway to tell which pedders I have?

Hi all, yes I have the infamous tire rub with 245 18s on the mc2 rims as I mentioned in my member intro a few weeks back. I took it back to dealer next day to get it looked at and was told the suspension was recently updated (oem parts) and my tires might be too wide. Well, they must think pedders is stock for a gto because when I stuck my head underneath... I have red springs, red shocks that say pedders gas shocks on them and move to the front I have red struts also. Is there anyway to tell which pedders kit I have? Car sits a little high in back with no dragbags visible and since I do have pedders, why am I still rubbing turning left or right?
CPM6inNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Strut mounts or radius rod bushings are the likely suspects. Your tire size is fine. I use 265's on 9.5's up front without a problem.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GN06GTO07IRL View Post
Strut mounts or radius rod bushings are the likely suspects. Your tire size is fine. I use 265's on 9.5's up front without a problem.
Are the mounts and bushing the same for all the kits?...since im not sure what I have. I dont wanna order the wrong stuff. (pedders xa, street 2, etc.) And WOW! on the 265's up front! Im getting tsw's and was nervous about 265/35's on the back.
CPM6inNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 06BLACKGTO64 Send a message via Skype™ to 06BLACKGTO64
Bushings are all the same, you dont need pedders either, you can use whiteline
06BLACKGTO64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPM6inNJ View Post
Hi all, yes I have the infamous tire rub with 245 18s on the mc2 rims as I mentioned in my member intro a few weeks back. I took it back to dealer next day to get it looked at and was told the suspension was recently updated (oem parts) and my tires might be too wide. Well, they must think pedders is stock for a gto because when I stuck my head underneath... I have red springs, red shocks that say pedders gas shocks on them and move to the front I have red struts also. Is there anyway to tell which pedders kit I have? Car sits a little high in back with no dragbags visible and since I do have pedders, why am I still rubbing turning left or right?
Before you buy any parts, let's collect some data.

Do you know what your front cambers are?
When you look under the front of your car there is a radius bar, a round bar that runs from the control arm to a bush under the radiator. Do you have red bushings on both ends?
How many miles on on your GTO?
How many miles since you purchased it?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.