RE: 2006 GTO For Sale - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > Buy / Sell / Wanted (2004-2006) > 2004-2006 GTOs for Sale (Price & Pictures Required)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
RE: 2006 GTO For Sale

This is not my GTO. Posting for a local dealer with Forum permission…Price is negotiable.

2006 Pontiac GTO

2006 Pontiac GTO LS2

Last year built – this 4 seat Corvette is destined to be a "Classic"!

Only 13k miles! One non smoking owner!

LS2 Engine with 400 Hp & 400 lbs.ft. Torque!

Automatic transmission with Traction Control.

Carfax Certified! No accidents or negative history! $34k new!

Impulse Blue Metallic with Premium Blue Leather with Black Trim!

18" Beyhern Precision Quality Alloy Wheel upgrade!

Offered for Sale @ $23,950!

925-323-5800 - Roadsport – Roadsport

The GTO legend started back in 1964, when Pontiac offered Tempest/Le Mans buyers a GTO option package. That performance-enhancing option proved so popular that the GTO became its own model and is often credited as the first true "muscle car."

GM was able to redeliver on that promise thanks to a little help from its Holden division in Australia. The Monaro is the basis for the modern-day Pontiac GTO, and like past models, the new version is a 2+2 coupe. The Holden received styling revisions to make it look more like a Pontiac. The resulting twin grille and a slightly familiar rear-end treatment say "Pontiac" even from 20 yards away. Initially, the GTO was powered by GM's LS1 V8 with 350hp.

For 2005, Pontiac slid the Corvette LS2 6.0-liter V8 under the hood, good for 400 hp. Blasting from zero to 60 in less than 5.5 seconds and blitzing the quarter-mile in under 14 ticks means a 2006 Pontiac GTO will simply embarrass nearly any old Goat you could name. A four-speed automatic transmission is standard, and all GTOs come with four-wheel antilock disc brakes, as well as a limited-slip rear end and traction control. An optional six-speed manual transmission only adds to the fun, and with a fully independent, performance-tuned suspension and 17-inch wheels, this 3,700-pound Pontiac car delivers a relatively supple ride.

The 2006 Pontiac GTO is offered as a 2+2 sport coupe in one generously appointed trim level. The standard features list includes 17-inch aluminum wheels, leather upholstery, eight-way power front seats, a premium Blaupunkt audio system with an in-dash six-disc CD changer, a trip computer and power windows, locks and mirrors. Aside from choosing a manual or automatic transmission, the only significant option is a set of larger 18-inch wheels. A sunroof isn't available, nor is a navigation system.

There is only one engine available on the Pontiac GTO -- a 6.0-liter V8 rated at 400 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. The standard transmission is a four-speed overdrive automatic, but a six-speed, close-ratio manual transmission is available as an option. Regardless of which transmission is selected, all GTOs come with a limited-slip differential and traction control.

All 2006 Pontiac GTOs come standard with four-wheel antilock disc brakes, traction control, multistage front airbags and an emergency mode that shuts down the vehicle's systems and unlocks the doors in the event of an airbag deployment.

Unlike the original Pontiac GTO, this modern-day version is no stripper. The leather-trimmed front seats are comfortable and the overall interior design far surpasses that of the defunct Pontiac Firebird in terms of quality and functionality.

On the street, the 2006 Pontiac GTO rides like a luxury car and is easy to drive on a daily basis. But when driven more aggressively, the GTO becomes a thrill ride!

Roadsport

Last edited by PDQ GTO; 12-10-2008 at 08:09 PM.
PDQ GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
jmd

My Photos: (0)
you will never sell it for that.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd View Post
you will never sell it for that.
I disagree, for a "dealer" that is a fair price for a clean, low mileage GTO and those rims don't come by very cheap either.

Rich I almost spit my coffee out, your the last person I expected to see a "For Sale" thread from. Thats a beautiful IBM though.

"Blasting from zero to 60 in less than 5.5 seconds"

Pfff... dealers, they never get it right. They searched up the 04's 0-60.

1 of 475

Aramz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramz06 View Post
I disagree, for a "dealer" that is a fair price for a clean, low mileage GTO and those rims don't come by very cheap either.
Rich I almost spit my coffee out, your the last person I expected to see a "For Sale" thread from. Thats a beautiful IBM though.
Aram - I don't plan to sell her, but it's not off the table by any means...We shall see how the hunt (job) goes next year...(happy-happy-joy-joy)...
PDQ GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramz06 View Post

Yeah they did search up the 04 GTO a STOCK one.
alsgto04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Buy / Sell / Wanted (2004-2006) > 2004-2006 GTOs for Sale (Price & Pictures Required)