Pontiac GTO Forum banner

8 Minute Wait Between Posts???

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  geeteeohguy 
#1 ·
I realize that there's always been a time frame between allowable posts, but this is new to me: Today, there is a "480 seconds between posts" timer that will not let a poster (me at least) post again without waiting a full 8 minutes. As a guy who logs on briefly during breaks and lunch, I have a limited amount of time to read-cruise-respond to topics posted here. Usually I'm pretty long-winded, but I try to come to the point as quickly as I can. Eight minutes is too long. On a ten minute break, it limits me to two replies. I'm on here a lot. Not for long periods, but often. The 8 minute rule is extremely frustrating and I see it as a detriment to this website. Please repeal the 8 minute rule!! Thanks.......
Jeff :willy:

#2 ·
:agree So it's not just me.... I got hit with that this morning and didn't realize it was new. 8 minutes is a looooong time. If the intent is to prevent 'bots' from flooding the board with spam I'd think 30 seconds would be plenty.

Bear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.