Pontiac GTO Forum banner

New here...with questions

874 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  64GTOConvertible 
#1 ·
I've actually been reading this forum for years while restoring 66 gto but never posted anything so bare with me. I have a awesome guy helping me but learning/teaching myself as I go. I get a to do list from him and get help when needed. id like to know everything so I wouldn't have to bother anyone.
Few days ago I had blinkers and brake lights now I do not. This happened before but corrected itself day or two later. Was briefly better after replacing the Turn Signal Switch but started again. I know I need to buy a new harness and replace but just got $300 headlights so that has to wait. Any suggestions until I can rewire entire car? Ive cleaned housing/sanded it as suggested along with pulled/bent prongs out lil on sockets. I had to replace a bearing in shaft along with some steering parts so I was in the dash. I could have knocked some shit around, of course I double checked but still. I m going to get a brake light switch to hopefully help but any other help is appreciated. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.