Job Hunting - Page 3 - Pontiac GTO Forum
Pontiac GTO Pontiac GTO Forum

» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

GtoForum.com is the premier Pontiac GTO Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My Photos: (6)
Garage
^Yeah thanks, I'm competent all around manual machinist. I've only been with Winchester for 3 years. The company I worked for for the previous 17 years manufactured vending machines. Messed some with CNC's but my forte is manual lathe and milling. I've run most shop equipment and I can work in any machine shop and hold my own. What i do now is troubleshoot and repair production equipment and some tooling work. I've done fixturing,die work, sheet-metal, welding, fabrication.

Here is a short video of me running a supercharger dyno I designed and built for Stiegemeier Porting Service. Stand alone test cell running off of DC power for portabiltiy (car, trade shows) to test multiple parameters of Eaton superchargers of various sizes. All built to SAE J1439 specifications.

Sxf 1000 - SVTPerformance

Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Here in Sedalia we have Missouri Pressed Metals and they were hiring last week. Also American Compressed Steel but not sure if they are hiring. I quit after 25 years of owning a restaurant and regulations pretty much priced me out. I now sell on eBay full time and will never look back. Thing is....when all the jobs are gone who is gonna buy from me?
skurfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My Photos: (6)
Garage
Yeah, companies love consumers but hate the workers .

Seems the government can't figure out that they would'nt have a revenue problem if they had more taxpayers than people on entitlements. I honestly believe that the green movement has a lot to do with manufacturing leaving the country. Look at all the pollution China is dealing with now, they have no EPA or OSHA or any of the other government watchdogs that are supposed to protect the citizens and workers.
ALKYGTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My Photos: (179)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALKYGTO View Post
Yeah, companies love consumers but hate the workers .

Seems the government can't figure out that they wouldn't have a revenue problem if they had more taxpayers than people on entitlements. I honestly believe that the green movement has a lot to do with manufacturing leaving the country. Look at all the pollution China is dealing with now, they have no EPA or OSHA or any of the other government watchdogs that are supposed to protect the citizens and workers.
A little tid bit of info most are unaware of:

The head of his Job Council aka his Job Czar is Jeffery Imment. He's the CEO of GE. GE is the largest bundler to him. They are good friends. Under Immelts leadership GE's stock and net worth pummeled from where it was before he took over.

Immelt has outsourced jobs to China and as done so AFTER his appointment. He's also guilty of parking GE's profits overseas to avoid paying taxes. All this as the JOBS CZAR.

Other CEOs see this and think hell, why don't I do this? After all if the government advocates it I may as well play the game too. Conservative CEOs do it and are shamed, vilified and put at the head of the class warfare line. Occupy Wall St thugs want to burn their business and homes to the ground and walk right past Immelts home to do it. WE ALL seen it as they got praise from the Pelosi's of this administration saying GOD BLESS THEM for their actions as they told law enforcement to stand down and allow what we seen play out on TV.

Here he praises COMMUNISM and state run communism.... from our JOBS CZAR. We have a government official praising what we went to warS for fighting against. He's praising fascism, the JOBS CZAR praising this????? This is what is heading our JOBS council. The committee on JOBS has not met in over a year. Whats this tell you?

Head of Obama’s Jobs Council: ‘State-Run Communism’ Actually ‘Works’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt, The Head Of Obama’s Jobs Council, Is Moving Jobs And Economic Infrastructure To China At A Blistering Pace

Jeffrey Immelt | The Weekly Standard

The reality is he praises China he's shipped jobs to China but to listen to the state run media he is to be praised. Once you cut thorough the media charade you will see the FEDS support outsourcing. The JOBS CZAR is helping give the USA away.

The Jobs Czar: General Electric's Jeffrey Immelt - CBS News
Obama Picks Jeffrey Immelt, GE CEO, To Run New Jobs-Focused Panel As GE Sends Jobs Overseas, Pays Little In Taxes

USA CEO's play the MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO game as their leader is doing it. Wheres the jobs? Ask Immelt. We need to be more communistic like to prosper. We're on our way.
publicrelations@gtoaa.org

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 01-28-2013 at 08:57 AM.
GTO JUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
was it Pelosi, or Feinstein that called returning Veterans "terrorists"? That's just swell. It's kind of like "the pot calling the kettle black", now, innit?
gjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
I've been underemployed for 3 years now. I practically gave up looking to be honest. With all these online job apps you gotta give out so much personal info, take BS online tests, ect... just to not even get a call.

I do have something lined up this week though. I'm meeting with the owner this week for a final interview. If I do get the job.... you guys will really like it.

04 GTO - sold
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge