Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1965 GTO: two wires w/o a home!

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  05GTO 
#1 ·
Having a problem figuring out where two wires on an original engine harness go. They are both black with an orange tracer and are part of the same harness as shown in the attached pic.
Also, on the back of my alternator there is a pole marked grd (I would imaging that to be ground). I don't see any wire coming from the engine harness to attach there. There is a green wire of an appropriate length but I'm thinking that green wire was meant to go to the temp sending unit.
I don't remember ever running a wire in my past Restos to a grounding point either. Can anyone help----I know just enough about all of this to be dangerous!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
My '67 GTO schematics show the green wire going to the temp sending unit, mine is disconnected and a different sender to the gauge.

The schematic also shows a Blk with Orn stripe used in the air conditioning circuit from the high on switch to the blower motor so if no AC it probably isn't used
Blk w/ double Orn from gen to the master relay past the inline fuse.

#7 ·
I think the black wire with the orange stripe goes to the auto kick down switch as shown in this 65 service manual. The second picture shows an original unrestored auto trans 65 with the wires you described, going to the carb.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.