64 lemans lower A-piller repair - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
64 lemans lower A-piller repair

anybody in lower michigan with a front clip off a 64-65 lemans- I need to rebuild the lower part of my a-piller where the fender bolts to the a-piller. mine are to far gone. would like to measure up some patterns to make me some new parts. these lower parts are not being reproduced as far as I can find.....would be able to use some good pictures if someone has some. need somthing to start with....or if somebody has parts of a parts car would also work.....thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
t,
I did some repair to my GTO lower "A" pillar. Pontiac called it the door hinge pillar.
I ended up fabricating everything, but it's all pretty flat stuff anyway. Mine wasn't too bad...the inner stuff facing the frame was bad, but the outer stuff was okay.

I have a webpage about this repair...take a look just to get an idea.
Good luck.
Dave

Squid's Fab 1967 GTO Body Work Page 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.