UPDATE January 25, 2013
While the car is at the body shop, I have been working on the seats and other parts to get them ready for installation.
The seats didn't look too bad, but when I pulled them out of the car I found a lot of rotten seams and some old rust stains. The foam was
obviously in bad shape; it felt like you were sitting in the seat frame instead of a foam cushion.
When I took them apart, I found the typical rusty springs and some rust on the metal frames:
Got the frames and springs bead-blasted and painted them:
Re-installed the springs into the frames:
Sewed up new suspension units to replace the old, tattered burlap: