ISO '64 GTO/Tempest/Lemans Headlamp Bezel - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
ISO '64 GTO/Tempest/Lemans Headlamp Bezel

We've all probably been there....looking for that last, hard-to-find, authentic part for our restoration project, right? My last piece I'm in search of is the passenger side headlamp bezel for my mothers first car, '64 Tempest Convertible. Of course not realizing 40+ years later after my grandfather ran in to that silly grocery store lamp post, it'd be such a difficult thing to replace/repair. Recently I was at bid for one and in the last mins, was outbid by a $1.00. I have spent months looking for one in at least decent shape. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 06:24 PM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRES64 View Post
We've all probably been there....looking for that last, hard-to-find, authentic part for our restoration project, right? My last piece I'm in search of is the passenger side headlamp bezel for my mothers first car, '64 Tempest Convertible. Of course not realizing 40+ years later after my grandfather ran in to that silly grocery store lamp post, it'd be such a difficult thing to replace/repair. Recently I was at bid for one and in the last mins, was outbid by a $1.00. I have spent months looking for one in at least decent shape. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
Don't be upset by the $1.00 outbid. That was all that was needed to win. The winner could have bid $500 over the winning bid, it just takes a $1.00 over the next highest bid - yours.

Looks like a tough item to find. I did a search myself. I did however find this: 1964 1965 Pontiac Acadian Beaumont RH Head Light Bezel Used GM | eBay

The Canadian Beaumont/Acadian was a hybrid Pontiac/Chevy. Looking at the '64, the grille has a resemblance to the Pontiac grille. It looks like it may be quite similar. It seems to be a little different on the verticals between the headlight buckets at top and bottom. Might be able to improvise on these or black them out? Just a suggestion. Not a crazy price, so I might take a chance if it looked close. You could also contact the seller and maybe get some dimensions or a better photo.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Thank you PontiacJim ~ I will certainly check it out! I will update what I find! Have a super day!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

It did not match.....I will continue "The Search"!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 06:23 PM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRES64 View Post
It did not match.....I will continue "The Search"!
Sorry to hear it, but thought it might have been a shot. You might want to check with a few of the Pontiac used parts suppliers and ask them. They might be able to recommend someone whom they think might have your part. Try Franks' Pontiac Parts if you have not already shot him and email. Click here: Frank's Pontiac Parts

Hope that might help.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Facetoobs has a couple of handy groups. 1964 - 1967 GTO LeMans Tempest and Pontiac Pickers are a few. There's a guy named Andre Rayman I've dealt with a few times on 64 stuff, he might be able to help. I know I don't have anything usable in my stash...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Here is a pair listed on E-Bay- 1964 GTO LeMans Tempest Headlight Bezel Right Left Set Pair 64 Goat Pontiac | eBay

I see these listed quite often, some in great shape some totally trashed. These were easily dented and I doubt you'll find one in mint condition; if you do it will cost $$$-depends what you want to pay. I did see a NOS set some time back & it went for $600. FYI, the headlight rings are the same and will fit either side-NO specific left and right even thought the listing states left & right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.