Just though I would post some pics of some work done this weekend on the 69.
1. Removed original gas tank and took it to a radiator shop where they cleaned it, painted it, and coated the inside to prevent rusting.
2. When I removed the gas tank there was a thick tar paper between the body and the gas tank. This was factory original to prevent tank from rubbing against body. This was removed when the tank was cleaned but I found a similar material at a body shop. Came in several tar/rubber panels with sticky backs. This was installed on new tank to prevent noise from tank rubbing against body.
3. Installed new 1/2 inch Robb MC fuel pickup.
4. Took a die grinder wire wheel to the undercarriage and removed all the dirt and surface rust. Then painted black and added a coat of rubber undercarriage coating to protect from elements.
5. Re-installed refurbished tank with new pickup