Pontiac GTO Forum banner

New to the forum and requesting guidance...

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1967bluegto 
#1 ·
Hi all! New to the GTO forum and looking for some sound advice. I have a 67 goat, all original, 400/4 spd w/ buckets, PHS, all documentation and numbers match. The car is in primer so it needs painting. All the mechanicals are fresh and sound. I am the third owner, bought it in 86, mileage is 75000.
Because of the lovely economy, I am forced to sell it. Because I can't afford to paint it, I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of a fair price for the car as it sits. I know I have provided limited information, and would answer any questions posed to me. I appreciate any help you might give. It breaks my heart to sell this car. Thanks in advance!

Mike

#3 ·
I would put it on an on-line auction and let it set it's own price. Junky cars with pretty paint jobs will always sell for more than solid cars in primer. That said, your's is a disirable car. Decent paint in my neck of the woods runs around 5 to 10 thousand dollars. With the way the market is today, your car will probably fetch around 10 to 12k. Good luck. What I recommend out of personal experience is selling OTHER stuff and keeping the car: it will only gain in value while other items tend to depreciate.
Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.