Pontiac GTO Forum banner

OMG Decent service at a GM dealer!!! HALLELUYA!! Heaven on earth!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  exwrx 
#1 ·
So I dropped off the goat... with some issues.

1. Transmission whine. I replaced the fluids, it's still singing, so they're tearing it down to either rebuild or replace. I'll be carless for 5-10 days. no charge.

2. Broken window trim.... replaced under warranty.

3. Rear bumper pops out a little. Fixed by dealer... loose clip.

4. Collapsed trunk liner... though my fault for sticking a jack in the trunk, they replaced it ... no charge.

5. Passenger seat rattles... adjust latch, tensioned handle... no more rattles at no charge

6. Steering wheel bubbles... replaced at no charge.

7. Squeak on cold starts.... replaced belt and tensioner... no charge.

I am amazed! Not only did they fix all but the tranny in less than 24 hours, they are actually calling me back, and answering questions about the LS7 clutch swap. What's going on? This is not a GM dealership... I had to double check and make sure it didn't say Lexus, or BMW on the front. I'm seriously in shock! I was expecting arguments, headbutting and attorney phone calls.... instead I got something I haven't seen in Los Angeles in years.... SERVICE!

See less See more
#5 ·
:agree
The GM dealer here is in deep $$$ problems. New cars are not selling, the repair end of the dealership is in hardship (every time I go there for parts the shop is empty sept for a new car or two they are washing/waxing) they have volunteer layoffs with techs going home at noon every other day. I'd hate to be that dealer with a half to three quarters of a million sitting on the lot in new cars and not selling hardly anything. I bett they were happy to see that warranty work come through the door. :)

#6 ·
Damn, you're lucky. I have a literal horror story with the dealer I have, they are giving me the shaft like no other:

I did an inspection with techs at the shop I work at, and went back to the dealer with a list of things. And apparently they're not going to fix a leak between the engine and the trans because "it's seeping more than leaking, not bad enough to repair", or replace badly cupped tires that somehow passed safety, they won't replace an air conditioner belt because it somehow isn't covered by the warranty, or give the damn car an alignment even though it pulled the right since before I bought it, the crack on the disc where the 2 pieces of the driveshaft connect is apparently normal wear. It gets even worse, last night when I was replacing the a/c belt I turned the car on to make sure everything was on right when there was kind of a weird sound coming from the engine. We didn't think we'd be able to figure out what it was just from the sound but on a hunch one of my friends told me to take of the air intake. So I turned the car off, took off the tubing, and got a bar to keep the gas pedal at WOT and take a flashlight to look inside and there's a small puddle of fluorescent green crap. Apparently the dealer put in engine oil dye so that they can see how bad the leak really is; don't know what color it is, but I'm almost positive that the dye mixed with oil was the fluorescent green crap in my intake.

I swear, if they try to dick me around the same way they've been doing I'm going to sue them to take the car back and refund me my down payment and the first month's payment and I'll go find another GTO.

#7 ·
Take it to Rydell

So, GM is totally wooeing me... lol. The tranny is back ordered, which I expected. I initially expected 2-3 weeks for them to order all tranny parts and install them. They're replacing the entire unit, along with the rearend. To my utter shock, they offered to obtain a rental car for me! I about had a stroke! Again, I check the surroundings... Goodwrench logos...check, GMPP Brochures.... check... yes this is an American dealership.

Now, I'm still under the original 3/36 warranty, and really doubt that this level of service will be expected/maintained if I had the extended warranty. A buddy of mine has a GMPP on his truck, yet still had to come out of pocket for several of the repairs. What's the point of a $3K service plan, if you're still spending money? I can't think of any repairs that would warrant that kind of cost, and if it's modded, well no service/warranty will cover you anyway. So, though thankful for GM doing the right thing this time, I'm not getting suckered into their "Starmark-like" (MBZ Bumper-Bumper 100k/6y) offering. GM does not cover B-B on their extended warranties. If you're reading the fine script, they cover the block, transmission, rear end... and will split any ancilliary repairs, head work, etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.