Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Car Alarms

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  ftlfirefighter 
#1 ·
Has anyone put a car alarm system in their goat yet. Thinking about a viper system. Any info will help, thx.

#5 ·
GTODAVE05 said:
Has anyone put a car alarm system in their goat yet. Thinking about a viper system. Any info will help, thx.
Thursday I'm having a remote-start-equipped Viper installed along with the window module. I've had the same setup in several other cars and don't see any problem with it in the GTO, and neither does my installer.

#15 ·
I have a Viper 3000 alarm installed and it works great. It has an engine cutoff and is also 2 way system so it pages me when the warning beeps and/or the alarm is going off. Its been on for a couple months and i have not noticed any electrical faults what so ever so whoever said it causes problem is full of *%#*. They run around $300-$350 depending on where u get it and it is well worth it.

#17 ·
Kats1stGTO said:
And that would be the reason Clifford went outta business! too many manuals running into walls, per bro in the car alarm/stereo installation business. yes, ways to override but other installers weren't doing the overrides right, or at all.
It's the responsibilty of the individual to leave his car in neutral when parked if he/she has a remote start. Well at least it should be. I realize that in today's society responsibility is seldom taken by the idiot causing a problem. It's easier to put the blame on whomever supplied the idiot with the means to cause a problem, even if the idiot asked for it! Clifford isn't out of business, they were absorbed by Directed Electronics, of Python/Viper fame.

#18 ·
toolman said:
Try openning the trunk when the doors are locked.
If you use the key nothing happens as nothing should because the car knows the key was used. If you pop the trunk but don't open it for about 10 minutes then do open the trunk the alarm will sound. When you get in and start the car the display tells you that the trunk set off the alarm.

#19 ·
mumrah said:
If you use the key nothing happens as nothing should because the car knows the key was used. If you pop the trunk but don't open it for about 10 minutes then do open the trunk the alarm will sound. When you get in and start the car the display tells you that the trunk set off the alarm.
Actually, in my car, if you lock the doors with the remote and unlock the door with the key, the alarm will go off when you open the door. But not until you open the door. If you lock the doors with the key and unlock them with the key, it wont go off. I haven't been able to set off the hood alarm yet. Still trying to figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.