Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Quaker State Q Horsepower 5w-30

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  HP11 
#1 ·
Does anyone run this oil? I've been shopping for a cheaper alternative than Mobile 1. I scoped out GM for the list of acceptable oils (GM4718M). Q Horsepower is on it and I'm thinking of switching over to it.

This is the first oil change since I bought the car a few weeks ago ('05 w/ 40K). I have used Blackstone Labs for oil analysis on S/C 3800 engines and they have given me invaluable responces and information. I plan on filling another sample for the labs so I can get an initial analysis on the Goat engine.

Any Input?

GM Approved Engine Oils .PDF: (Moderators, Sticky this if you would like.)

http://www.gm.com/corporate/responsibility/environment/maintenance/gm_approved_engine_oils.pdf

Blackstone labs for anyone interested:

Blackstone Labs

#2 ·
Get oil at Wal-Mart. As much as I hate that place, they sell the 5QT jugs cheaper then most auto places sell the 4QT ones.

If Mobil1 is good enough to be in the ZR1 as well as some exotics from the factory, I'm def OK with it.

#4 ·
I buy my Mobil 1 at Costco, where the regular price is $32.99 per 6 pack carton. There was a $9 off per case coupon that brought it down to $23.99 or $4.00 per bottle, good for up to three cases. That's almost a buck per quart cheaper than the Wally World 5 quart jug that just recently went up $1 to $24.50.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.