Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Where to find Hurst dual gate?

9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Instg8ter 
#1 ·
Where could I find a dual gate shifter kit to put in a 69? How difficult to do as such? what is a reasonable price for the complete unit?

#3 ·
How hard will it be to do this? I mean, other than things like trim, blinkers, vent windows, rear bumbers, 68's and 69's are pretty much the same right? I've never installed one of tehse, how hard to do? I just think they are cooler than the regular shifter in the 69

#7 ·
I know this is a very old thread, but you do know that your factory 69 shifter also has a manual/ratchet mode of operation, right?

Pull it down into low, then when upshifting push it out/away from you at the same time that you're pushing it forward (like at a 45-degree angle away from your body - towards the glove compartment). It will up-shift into 2 and lock. After the up-shift, let the pressure off the shifter just a little and it will reset, ready for the 2-3 upshift. If you'll look really closely at the woodgrain on your console next to the shifter on the passenger side of the opening, you'll see 1 2 3 embossed there. That's what it's for.

Bear

#16 ·
even was able to use the stock cable (B&M one is like 4' long) had an old stock mounting bracket and cut the nose off with wheel, drilled and slotted it to make a bracket that would fit stock cable hosel and C clip, aligned it to zero out the cable in park, and bolted it to the nose of the B&M mount, pin on B&M was slightly larger, just drilled cable hole a little bit, took rubber lever sheeth from crappy B&M cover and rtv'd it in under shifter cover so no metal to metal and mounted the plate with rubber O rings under for same reason. When mounting to hump i cut 4 collars to raise it to just under console height and level/align it to consoles correct position, took a few trys to get it perfect, used 1/2" galvainized conduit and just cut what i needed on the fly with a small plumbers pipe cutter. solid as a rock and no side to side play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.