Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Car Died..... Again

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  NEEDLEZ 
#1 ·
Howdy all I am having some problems.... again! I posted about 2 years ago and you all were spot on in your diagnosis.

Anyways my new problem is a bit odd. Whenever I press on the gas it stalls like it's going to die and then kicks back in and keeps on going. It's almost like a stutter. This happens any time I stop and I thought I wasn't going to make it home the other day. The car is running, but again it's not sustainable and I'm motivated to get her back in shape.

I thought I would come here for a diagnosis before some DIY work on her. My initial thoughts is that it could be a timing issue. I put a new fuel pump on less than 2 years ago. I don't think that the pump is bad as I haven't hardly driven it. Regardless any help is much appreciated and I'll post some pictures of her tomorrow.

Thanks ahead of time!:willy:

#8 ·
I will start with a quick cleaning of the jets and go from there. I run 93 and there wasn't any old gas in the car at all. I started it up today and ran it about 2 miles and there was no problem and I took a right turn and it started back up again.

#11 ·
Thanks to all you guys that said it was the accelerator pump as always you were spot on and I was able to knock it out myself. This is the 3rd problem I've had your guy's help in diagnosing and fixing. I also was able to get my front turn signals up and going again after doing some searches on here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.