Pontiac GTO Forum banner

zero rust vs rust encapsulator

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Instg8ter 
#1 ·
I was thinking about sand blasting my 66 LeMans body and then spraying the entire body with zero rust or rust encapsulator from top to bottom. This way I can work on the dinks and dents with body fillers without worrying about flash rusting.Does this sound like a good plan. Also what are yalls opinion of zero rust compared to rust encapsulator. zero rust is about half the price of rust encapsulator. I know you can apply rust encapsulator over body filler and apply body filler over rust encapsulator but uncertain about zero rust.

#4 ·
you can spot hit those with either product, i used rust reformer on spots just hit it with a wire wheel and then encapsulate the area that has rust (those products convert rust) you dont need them on good bare metal. Then hit the whole car in epoxy as a base for the body work to grip too and it will seal out any moisture and dry hard as ceramic. if you kiss through it to metal have rattle can of GOOD "etching primer" handy and spot prime the metal to avoid rust....:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.