Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Good Guys - Texas Motor Speedway

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  RustWrangler 
#1 ·
Mrs. Bear and I are spending the weekend out at the Good Guys show with the Beast. If you're in the area, stop on by and say howdy.
Look for one of the pop-up canopys with a Texas flag motif.

2nd Spring ********* Nationals

Bear

#2 ·
Hope you parked in the "Homebuilt Heaven Lot" Bear, looks cool, can't wait o get the Tempest back out and about, figured i would be good mid April up here in the once frozen northland and the weather has played a cruel 75 degree joke on me, ohhh well, least i can get the housework (and car punchlist stuff) done and have more time for cruises in April.....enjoy....:cheers

#3 ·
Yessir, we parked in the Homebuilt Heaven lot. I was proud to be able to put all the marks on the entry from in the "I Did It Myself" column. We didn't win anything, but then I didn't really expect to. There were a gazillion really nice cars out there. We got to drive around the track a few times - not "at speed", just following a lead car - but it was still cool.
The dumps are working again so we had a ball cruising through the place with them open. We sure got lots of looks :D

Bear

#4 ·
wish more shows had a category like that ....can never decide which category i fall into , so usually end up in the "street rod" but most of those are full out resto-mods. Like you said its award enough to have the enthusiast show interest and be able to say "i did that". Hope your taking a lot of pics to share...:party:

#5 ·
Probably the best "reward" I got over the weekend was from all the people, professional paint/body guys included, whose jaws dropped when I told them I did it myself in my garage, and it was my first. That was gratifying.

I'm working on putting together a video that Mrs. Bear shot while we were driving around the track.

Bear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.